15 week Sebright gender help

This is my 15 (?) week old golden sebright. She likes to crow sometimes. I was told that she would be purple combed. Does anyone see any rooster signs here or is this gal just crazy?

View attachment 2008878View attachment 2008879View attachment 2008880
Pullet. Feather ID wont help. Seabright cockrels are 'hen feathered'. Their combs also don't get as big as you would expect. They are often very flat, but the width of them is usually broader than the hens. Usually, but not always.
I have a buff laced seabright hen. I had a confusing few days when, after 9 months of believing she was a pullet, she crowed. Twice. I saw her do it both times. There was only about two minutes in between.
Turns out that this is one of those breeds that are more likely to have a hen crow every now and again. She lays eggs, so definitely a girl. From what I have read, they are not very broody and the hatch rate is low.

Pullet. Feather ID wont help. Seabright cockrels are 'hen feathered'. Their combs also don't get as big as you would expect. They are often very flat, but the width of them is usually broader than the hens. Usually, but not always.
I have a buff laced seabright hen. I had a confusing few days when, after 9 months of believing she was a pullet, she crowed. Twice. I saw her do it both times. There was only about two minutes in between.
Turns out that this is one of those breeds that are more likely to have a hen crow every now and again. She lays eggs, so definitely a girl. From what I have read, they are not very broody and the hatch rate is low.
Mine went broody at 6 months. Pretty much right after she laid her first clutch. She hatched all 10 eggs and raised them all. She was a great mom. I hope she goes broody again when she start laying again in the spring. This is her baby born in September

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Mine went broody at 6 months. Pretty much right after she laid her first clutch. She hatched all 10 eggs and raised them all. She was a great mom. I hope she goes broody again when she start laying again in the spring. This is her baby born in September
That is awesome. My info is from back in my 20's. I had a little sebright hen. She didn't lay much and never went broody. I looked it up and found out I shouldn't expect much in the way of babies. Maybe the breed had improved in these 30 years since then. I hope so. I would love to see my little buff laced girl with tiny little babies.

That is awesome. My info is from back in my 20's. I had a little sebright hen. She didn't lay much and never went broody. I looked it up and found out I shouldn't expect much in the way of babies. Maybe the breed had improved in these 30 years since then. I hope so. I would love to see my little buff laced girl with tiny little babies.
I read the same info about them not been broody I was super surprised when she stayed in the nest and incubating her eggs. Good luck with your little one.

Back
Top Bottom