15 Weeks Old Still Can’t Tell Hens or Roos

Alot of people say they have ameraucanas but sometimes they are EE. Do Ameraucanas have assorted combs? Leg color? Just wondering. I have 2 EE myself. They are quite different in many ways.
No, Ameraucanas are a recognized breed. Honestly, its hatchery lies that confuse people. They come in a few colors, black, blue, wheaten, etc. They always have slate legs and have a beard, ALWAYS.

Even if they are EEs, pea combs are dominant. So, modified peas and peas may occur in EEs. If they ARE actually an EE. EEs have almost no standard, BUT need to have a blue egg gene background. From ameraucanas or araucanas.

The thread did say the birds were ameraucanas though.
EEs don’t need to have anything, they can lay any colour egg. They are a mix and have NO standard, so they can lay and look like anything

EEs don’t need to have anything, they can lay any colour egg. They are a mix and have NO standard, so they can lay and look like anything
They need to have atleast one line of a blue egg shell gene, which is dominant, so most EEs lay blue or green. They can lay any other color pretty much, but they have to be bred with a breed with a blue egg gene first. Hatcheries typically cross a brown egg layer with a blue egg layer.

They need to have atleast one line of a blue egg shell gene, which is dominant, so most EEs lay blue or green. They can lay any other color pretty much, but they have to be bred with a breed with a blue egg gene first. Hatcheries typically cross a brown egg layer with a blue egg layer.
They don’t need to have anything, they probably will have but don’t need to

Not all mutts are Easter eggers...people may call them that, but it doesnt make it accurate.
They don’t have a SOP, they are a mutt and so it is correct to call any mutt an EE, I would not call any mutt an EE but then again I don’t really call anything an EE because it just means mutt. Who decides what an EE actually is? because the blue egg gene is dominant it is very easy to not have it, first cross might not get it even

They dont HAVE to have a direct blue egg gene. For example OEs are technically second generations of EEs. But EEs have to have been bred to a direct blue egg gene somewhere down the line.
OE's don't necessarily have anything to do with EE's if they were bred from a pure brown egger and a pure blue egger.

The EE part I know. I was just saying that not every EE has purebred parents. A lot of them now have EE parents.

Back
Top Bottom