15 years has gone by so fast.

I joined BYC probably 15 years ago when I was looking for araucanas chicks or eggs. I found some and my flock grew to almost 100 birds. I enjoyed them so much but then we moved to northern Michigan. I butchered a bunch of roosters, sold some and then moved with 41 keepers.

I let them free range as we didn't have any predators and we were in the yard almost all day long. Having only 2 areas we kept a close eye on them. Then the foxes found them and in no time 5 different foxes got me down to 13 birds.

Life changed and we started doing some traveling so I had to get rid of my birds. I just couldn't find anyone to take care of them while I was gone.

I was getting older and never thought I would have chickens again so I converted my nice coop to something else, took down my pens and gave all the wire away.

Well now with staying home more, egg prices so high and missing my birds, I am on a search for araucana eggs or chick's again.
Welcome back into BYC!! Beautiful hen!

I have b even looking at all hatcheries and rare chicken hatcheries and no one has them.
@laura877 check out this place. I have a friend that has ordered from Sandhill in the past with great luck with healthy birds and rare breeds... https://www.sandhillpreservation.com/

I am not sure what is available this year however. Let me know if Sandhill has anything!

Back
Top Bottom