16 week old Black Australorp pullet or cockerel?

PhantomSlayer

Songster
Aug 22, 2022
Michigan
Tomorrow marks 16 weeks old for the majority of our flock. So many of them were TSC chicKs. All of them were supposed to be pullets aside from our Wyandottes which were unsexed. However after the barred rock turned out to be cockerels. My moms dissapointed. Now I'm paranoid because one of out of 4 of my black Australorps is definately having alot redder comb than the other 3. I've been calling it little demon because when tagging most of them when they reached 14 weeks it was the only one who would not let me grab it so we could tag it lol. It's comb is also slightly larger.
IMG_20230709_182937264.jpg
IMG_20230709_182920235.jpg

Beautiful pullet!
She should be laying eggs in the not to distant future with that red comb
Hoping so! I love the black australorps. Though they don't really love me back but I really wanted the breed cause not only are they lovely black coloring but the shine of color off them is gorgeous! But also I pushed for them really hard because of their track record of good egg production. 2 of the others still have a light pinkish and the other which is the runt shes got little to no comb at all oddly. She feathered just as fast as the others but seems her comb is taking its time.

Tomorrow marks 16 weeks old for the majority of our flock. So many of them were TSC chicKs. All of them were supposed to be pullets aside from our Wyandottes which were unsexed. However after the barred rock turned out to be cockerels. My moms dissapointed. Now I'm paranoid because one of out of 4 of my black Australorps is definately having alot redder comb than the other 3. I've been calling it little demon because when tagging most of them when they reached 14 weeks it was the only one who would not let me grab it so we could tag it lol. It's comb is also slightly larger. View attachment 3571867View attachment 3571868
Pretty pullet

I feel so relieved hearing so many pullets lol. I was worried with already having 3 cockerels I was worried we would have a fourth but I'm glad.

Back
Top Bottom