16 week silkie guess??!!

AmandaLou

Chirping
Feb 17, 2021
Any guesses to which sex this cutie is?? "Her" name is Dottie, she is 16 weeksish old, and loves long hoppy walks in the run!! I have always thought she is a she, however her size compared to my other black silkie makes me wonder!! Also, is she "partially bearded" (one parent bearded, one not??)?? Speculations on her coloring as well? Maybe splash partridge, if that's a thing? Just working on information gathering, I'm new to the silkie world, and have had to re-home 2 roos (they already crowed, she has not)!!!!

Attachments

• dot1.jpg
    dot1.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 29
  • dot2.jpg
    dot2.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 22
  • dot3.jpg
    dot3.jpg
    439 KB · Views: 22
  • dot4.jpg
    dot4.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 23
  • dot5.PNG
    dot5.PNG
    287.5 KB · Views: 22
  • dot6.PNG
    dot6.PNG
    305.5 KB · Views: 21
  • dot7.PNG
    dot7.PNG
    300.7 KB · Views: 19
  • dot8.PNG
    dot8.PNG
    291.7 KB · Views: 19
  • dot9.PNG
    dot9.PNG
    297.9 KB · Views: 18
  • dot10.PNG
    dot10.PNG
    297.2 KB · Views: 22
Lol! Leakage??
Leakage is when another color comes through the main pattern. It comes through red/orange on your silkie. Sorry I'm horrible at sexing silkies but I hope it's a pullet for you!
Sorry🤣
It does sound funny. Yes, it is when a color “leaks” through the base color.
In partridge colored silkies, it is often a cockerel sign if it is reddish and over the wing area. Though in your bird’s case it is more evenly distributed, so this is why I am leaning cockerel. Comb is also raised. These are the signs of a cockerel, BUT in silkies nothing is straight forward. You should know within another few weeks, if your bird is male he will start to develop streamers which are longer, course feathers coming out of the back of the crest.😊

Back
Top Bottom