18 solid blue marans eggs

peachick

Songster
12 Years
Aug 8, 2007
Maryland 21787
I have lots and lots of dark brown eggs.
Available, 18-24 fresh eggs from my solid blue line.
My line was developed from coppers so eggs are dark compared to most blues... #7 average.
all have feather shanks (some are heavily feathered)
My birds tend to be quite large... the black rooster in the photo below is 10 pounds!
The maran club is increasing the standard for the size and weight of marans.... generally most are too small. (6-7 pounds)
** Backyard Poultry magazine has an article this month on marans... 2 of my birds are shown in this article.

3989892243_125f63c4fe.jpg

4146714659_d2b9f4efa6.jpg

4399131534_da2efcb927.jpg

4190033777_7e5cf9296c.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I hope they are still laying in December.... all of your birds are beautiful.

I read the article Kat its amazing tell will he did a great job next time you see him.

Henry

frow.gif
Hi Mahonri Thank you
smile.png
How are those Wheaten Am chicks doing?? They must be getting really pretty by now .

Henry, thank you. I am going to see Will tonight. I'll tell him
smile.png

In the article he mentioned that my black rooster has an extra sprig on his comb... but he was actually remembering a large copper rooster I had 2 years ago. The big black boy has a normal comb.... oh well.

Quote:
They are looking nice. I ended up with 11 Wheaten roos (that I've rehomed) I also got 3 BW roos but one of those is clean faced and the other has legs that are too light. We'll see how the other one looks in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom