19 chicks hatch...... Chicken Maths

silky_3699

Songster
8 Years
Aug 15, 2011
My Own Realm!!!
so here's how it goes...

10 kg of chicks starter will cost approx $10 (bought 5 kg one time, cost about $5 and another note. this is australian dollars) and it will last approx 1 week to feed 19 chicks. so i feed the chicks for 6 weeks on this and that means, $10 x 6 = $60.....
hit.gif

So i need to sell some of my chooks (so far its the way of money!
tongue.png
).

BUT: there are only 4 chooks i want to sell. A frizzle rooster and three wyandotte, cochin, langshan x roosters (which one has a bad pussy eye, well not bad and i hope for it to go to a good home)

Lets say i sell these roosters for $10 ea. (i want to keep one but
th.gif
) thats $20 (not including the one with the pussy eye!
barnie.gif
)

sooooo, maybe i should sell some manure?
idunno.gif
how about $5 for a 10kg bag???

and then, some eggs at the local market? lets say, $2 a doz.?? (our eggs are big and small and all shapes and sizes!
roll.png
tongue.png
th.gif
) Then What?
hu.gif
Oh god help me! i am long suffering (
tongue.png
) and oh BYC'ers help me!
fl.gif
What should i do?

How should i make the money without going broke? now i know 60 bucks dont sound like much, but what about when theu are older and need grain and so on etc, etc!
he.gif

It all adds up you know! so again i ask for help! i dont know what to do my fellow BYC'ers
barnie.gif
th.gif
i would love to hear your thoughts and theroys!

Thank You in Advance...
frow.gif

Last edited:
I wish I could help, but I am in my own chicken math mess right now. If a non chicken person counted my chickens they would say 8, but one is no longer laying so that is 7. Then her sister is not laying regularly so she is only half a chicken. That makes 6 1/2. Then the four pullets whose combs are still little and pink (although one did squat for my son today) don't count. This leaves 2 1/2 chickens.....so why am I now going through 50# of feed a month with only 2 1/2 chickens? Woe is us.

Back
Top Bottom