1st and 2nd egg on the same day :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by DerbyChook, Sep 15, 2010.

1. DerbyChook

DerbyChook Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    I checked the egg box yesterday and could tell someone had been messing around in there, but no eggs. My daughter checked this afternoon and came in with TWO lovely, small, light brown eggs. They are warm and perfect. So proud of my girls! [​IMG]

Now if I could only figure out who was laying them! Can anyone guess? The gold sex link has looked fully mature for some time, the RR has been making loud egg song-ish noises (from what I have heard on youtube, I am a city girls and have no experience with these kinds of things) and the BR squatted for me a few days ago. I have a gold chicken with some black on her neck, not sure what breed, and a black sex link, who are not doing much. All were hatched in early April. Is there anyway to tell, other than watching closely? I assumed that the sex links would lay first, but the RR and BR have been acting more ready, at least from what I can gather from posts here.

2. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

First of all congrats on the first egg(s)....[​IMG] bright comb and wattles are a tell tale sign of a laying hen

3. colada584

colada584 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Gardiner, NY
    Yay Congrats!! [​IMG]

4. Ravishaw

Ravishaw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    [​IMG] congrats!!! That's so eggciting! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by