1st Flock :)

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.

My daughter, husband & I took some time today to snuggle a few of our ladies. We snuggled our black crested, one of our white crested & Goldie (one of our easter eggers). Once caught, they love to be held...it's just a challenge catching them. Hee-hee! Tomorrow we'll try to snuggle a few others. It would be nice to keep them friendly (apparently the previous owners hand-raised them & would snuggle them often).
thumbsup.gif

- TieDyeMommy

My daughter, husband & I took some time today to snuggle a few of our ladies. We snuggled our black crested, one of our white crested & Goldie (one of our easter eggers). Once caught, they love to be held...it's just a challenge catching them. Hee-hee! Tomorrow we'll try to snuggle a few others. It would be nice to keep them friendly (apparently the previous owners hand-raised them & would snuggle them often).
thumbsup.gif

- TieDyeMommy
The more you handle them, the better they will get. They are still going to be skittish until they are about 6 weeks old. But this is normal. Just keep handling them, snuggling them, carrying them around the house and any place else you want to take them. But the more you work with them, you will see....it will all pay off with affectionate adults. :)

TwoCrows, I think our flock is already almost full grown. I have posted pictures of them earlier in this thread, and on https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/874596/what-breed-s-do-i-have. The previous owner said he was very hands-on with them, and you can tell they are cautious, but not afraid of us. I just want them to continue to be trusting and friendly now that they are under new management.
smile.png

- TieDyeMommy

I love how our whole flock make their way into the coop on their own, once it starts to get dark. Some nights we've got to herd some stragglers, but for the most part, they go to bed on their own...and only need us to lock up after them.
thumbsup.gif

- TieDyeMommy

Glad to hear everything is going well with your flock! It is funny isn't it how they put themselves to bed, wish everybody would do that!

Back
Top Bottom