1ST HATCH STARTED TODAY!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ejstoner, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Songster

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    sorry to hear about the chick is it hanging from the vent area i had on elike this too it didnt make it eathier

2. ejstoner

ejstoner In the Brooder

Mar 15, 2009
    Yes, hanging from the vent. What is that, and what causes it? Its a little sad.

3. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Songster

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    im not sure if it is the yolk sack or what but it wasnt very nice looking sorry to say some people had their chicks live tho as it dries and falls off sometimes so we will see good luck tho

4. ejstoner

ejstoner In the Brooder

Mar 15, 2009
    Do you mean that this sac could dry up and fall off? I hope so. Thank you for all your knowledge.

5. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Songster

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    your welcome good luck with it

6. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    omg i have the same thing happening! day 19 is today, well, technically yesterday now as it is 12:11......and i have 1 pip....and lots of wigglers....i set mine on 2/27 as well.....4AM and i noticed this chick was pipped yesterday at 7AM when i got up, but could have been before then too......anywho.....hes in there cheeping away and trying to wiggle its way out. [​IMG] my temps were a little high tho...i kept them between 100-102......it was usually at 101 or 102 [​IMG]

7. ejstoner

ejstoner In the Brooder

Mar 15, 2009
    Its day 20, and I have seven out of the shell and walking-3 more are piping. Things look good so far!!

8. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Songster

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Yay!!!

9. ejstoner

ejstoner In the Brooder

Mar 15, 2009
    Thanks to all for your support-ED

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: