1st Muscovy ducklings in trouble please help!!!!?

I think so too apparently mama duck was way to anxious to meet her little ones! They just had breakfast of eggs and electrolite and then the more lethargic of the two I think ruptured its yolk sac so I clamped it and tied it off w some suture put iodine on it and am letting it rest which its not doing much of lol its still trying to climb out of the cup and is about the most wiggly little booger I have ever seen! Lol that being said w all that energy I couldn't sit back and do nothing! Had to resort to keeping my fingers crossed instead of holding breath for fear of passing out!
1f604.png
its been a long couple of days!!
The ruptured yolk sac is still alive?? That doesn't sound right? Once that yolk sac breaks it's usually over and very quickly. Can you send a pic? If he's climbing out of the cup, I would say it's not his yolk sac that's out, it's a swelled up navel. That will shrink down, I would lay him down on the bottom of the bator but a pic would be GREAT

The ruptured yolk sac is still alive??  That doesn't sound right?  Once that yolk sac breaks it's usually over and very quickly.  Can you send a pic? If he's climbing out of the cup, I would say it's not his yolk sac that's out, it's a swelled up navel.  That will shrink down, I would lay him down on the bottom of the bator but a pic would be GREAT

So what do you think that is? I've been reading and looking at pics but it doesn't look exactly like anything I've seen! Lol its still up hobbling around the tote and drinking every 15 minutes or so.

Back
Top Bottom