2/19 Meyer Shipment, USPS tracking stuck at "Pre-Shipment" status

I am over here at my house losing my mind because my chicks were shipped yesterday and the USPS shipping status still says "pending package acceptance" at the origin facility. I know that can't be right ... I halfway thought I might hear during the day today that the chicks had been delivered, but the post office person I talked to said that chicks always arrive early in the day and that if they're not here by now, they're not coming today. I don't know why that makes any sense ... but that's what she said. I am so glad to hear that your babies arrived safe and sound despite being a half day or so later than you had expected. I hope I can tell the same tale whenever my little peepers get here!!!

Oh no! I really feel for you. I'm almost certain the post office doesn't update their tracking. And the worst part is not knowing where the babies are or when to expect them. I'll say a little prayer (or whatever you believe in!) that they are safely on their way!

I am over here at my house losing my mind because my chicks were shipped yesterday and the USPS shipping status still says "pending package acceptance" at the origin facility. I know that can't be right ... I halfway thought I might hear during the day today that the chicks had been delivered, but the post office person I talked to said that chicks always arrive early in the day and that if they're not here by now, they're not coming today. I don't know why that makes any sense ... but that's what she said. I am so glad to hear that your babies arrived safe and sound despite being a half day or so later than you had expected. I hope I can tell the same tale whenever my little peepers get here!!!
By the way - the girls in your profile pic look just like my TSC ladies from 2 years ago (Nugget, Ginger, Little Girl, Chickaletta, and Princess Cluck Cluck). Lovely!

So, question for you all:
1) is anyone else waiting on Meyer chicks from this week?
2) Those of you with chicks-via-mail experience, is it normal for USPS to have inaccurate tracking?

Not awaiting chicks this week.

USPS tracking updates at 12 and 12. Some POs and sorting centers are better at the scanning than others. I have had packages get here and were still in pending and others that were in transit. USPS tracking needs an upgrade.

Not awaiting chicks this week.

USPS tracking updates at 12 and 12. Some POs and sorting centers are better at the scanning than others. I have had packages get here and were still in pending and others that were in transit. USPS tracking needs an upgrade.
I agree USPS tracking needs an upgrade! UPS will show me the GPS location of the delivery truck that has my stuff on it - USPS can't seem to even tell me what state my live animals are in

I agree USPS tracking needs an upgrade! UPS will show me the GPS location of the delivery truck that has my stuff on it - USPS can't seem to even tell me what state my live animals are in

I am horrible with the stalk your drive link that UPS sends. My driver can tell when I have had that link sent to me. Cause I am outside waiting for him when he pulls in the drive. lol
We will not talk about fragile stamp seems to mean play soccer with the package.

They are here! Got the call from the post office this morning at 6am. Took the day off work and ran to get them.

All 16 are alive, and all seem very healthy. They are mostly very curious about me, and don't show much fear, as my TSC chicks 2 years ago did.

Now to figure out what breeds (I got a rare and a brown egg assortment). I think I've identified - from leg bands - a cream legbar and a jubilee orpington (pics). :DView attachment 1680119 View attachment 1680120

Glad they came safely! I new they would. Meyers and postal service always does a great job. Great pics.

They are here! Got the call from the post office this morning at 6am. Took the day off work and ran to get them.

All 16 are alive, and all seem very healthy. They are mostly very curious about me, and don't show much fear, as my TSC chicks 2 years ago did.

Now to figure out what breeds (I got a rare and a brown egg assortment). I think I've identified - from leg bands - a cream legbar and a jubilee orpington (pics). :DView attachment 1680119 View attachment 1680120

Nice. Congrats and enjoy

Back
Top Bottom