2 day old chick won't eat, very weak

I know this is a late post but I have a week old chick with the exact same symptoms. Wondering how much you fed yours? How much pedialite, poly vi sol and b 12. I would really like this little guy to get better. He does not eat or drink and I have to force fees him. Please help!! He's not doing good

I know this is an old post, but I've found that If I use a high calorie nutrient type solution like Nutri-stat, the chicks more likely than not eat it right up off my finger. Then, I put it on top of mush and they will 90% of the time go right at it while at the same time, getting normal chick food in them. This stuff is made for cats and dogs but has pretty much the same stuff with added omegas.

I know this post is 8 years old, but I was searching to find information about my chick that won't eat. I've had chickens over the past 30 years, and this is the first time I've had a chick problem. It's also the first time I've had chicks shipped to me (through mypetchicken.com). 4 swedish flower hens in the order, 3 arrived dead, and the survivng one is strange. It pecks at everything, but won't eat what it pecks. I made a mash of oatmeal, rice meal, egg yolk, and water, and it ate some of that. It couldn't eat tiny mealworms, but finally got one down, and now it will eat those. But it's not gaining weight, and it's still 19 grams at age 5-6 days old. I've never seen a chick that pecks at everything but doesn't eat. It pecks at the eyes of our other chicks, and it pulls hard on their feathers, but it won't eat.

Back
Top Bottom