2 different Meds at Once???

NestingHillsSC

Songster
8 Years
Jan 6, 2012
Tennessee
I was wondering if it was safe to give my hens 2 different meds at once. Right now I'm on the second days of treatment with Tylan 50 shots. They really aren't any better. Still having a very hard time breathing. So I am beginning to wonder if it is worms instead.

So I am going to buy the safe-guard for goats. Can you give both at once?? They are feeling very skinny!! Trying to help them before they die!!

If the bird isn't getting any better, there is a good chance that it will die. I would go ahead and worm them, but would use valbazen instead if you can get it. If not, use what you have. Valbazen is the best all around wormer on the market, and treats the round worms which is most likely the culprit.
See the posting I have on my signature line for lots of info re: worming.

They also have
Zimecterin
00ae.png
(Ivermectin) 1.87% Equine Dewormer Paste

I'd go with the safeguard liquid goat wormer over wazine and zimectrin. Dont give it to your birds while treating with tylan...too much stress on their system, wait about 5 days. Dosage for the goat wormer is orally, use a syringe without a needle. 1cc for giants, 3/4cc for large fowl, 1/2cc for standards and 1/4cc for smaller birds. Repeat dosing in 10 days. There will be an egg withdrawal period for 24 days start to finish. After the tylan treatment, feed your birds scrambled egg mixed with buttermilk for a few days. The scrambled eggs is extra protein to rebuild their strength and the buttermilk is a probiotic to rebuild their immune system. It is easier absorbed than yogurt. Yogurt is good but tends to pass through them quicker.
I use safeguard liquid goat wormer and valbazen. If they have tapeworms, you'll see segments in their poop. Then you would need to use valbazen or zimectrin gold, not just plain zimectrin.

They won't last 5 days after the Tylan treatment. They eat nothing. They do drink, but won't eat!!!!!

Add poultry nutri drench to their water. Your feed store should carry it. You can also give them 1 drop of the nutri drench orally twice a day for 5 days. Dont exceed 5 days, it can cause diarrhea because it is rich in minerals and vitamins.

Back
Top Bottom