2 ducks dead

RaisingDucks2020

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2020
I have 2 duck coops, they are both pretty big, my one coop had 2 Indian runners and 2 chickens and the other one had 2 mallards and 2 pekins.. recently my 1 runner died and my 1 mallard died. No missing feathers no blood etc! Separate cages! What do you think caused their death? They are eating and drinking fine! I never noticed any "health issues" the mallard was almost a year old and the runner was about 3 years old.

**those that wonder why we have two big pens for a small flock, is because the chickens and the runners didn't get along with the pekins and the mallards..

If there were no injuries to be seen, and they never showed any symptoms of being unwell, the only possibility of finding an answer would be to have a necropsy done to their bodies.
You can call a vet and find out where to have this done in your area if you want to pursue it.

It's a mystery but a necropsy would probably give you an answer. Here the vets won't do any kind of poultry but the university has a poultry program so they might. I haven't had one done but it would be interesting. The university here is over an hour away. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom