2 eggs 1 sitting?

Awheller

Chirping
Sep 20, 2021
I have 4 hens, 1 Rhode Island red and 2 cinnamon queens and 1 Easter egger. They are all reaching the end of 4 months/beginning of 5 and 2 have started laying. For the first 2 weeks I was recicveing 1 brown and 1 green egg. Now I am getting 1 brown and 1 reg size green egg and one smaller green egg in one sitting. My Rhode and cinnamons are to lay brown eggs and my egger is to have colorful eggs. This seems bizzare considering chickens usually lay 1 egg a day? I am a new chicken mama this is my first experience raising chickens so I was looking for some feedback and hopefully some sort of explanation! Thank you

I have 4 hens, 1 Rhode Island red and 2 cinnamon queens and 1 Easter egger. They are all reaching the end of 4 months/beginning of 5 and 2 have started laying. For the first 2 weeks I was recicveing 1 brown and 1 green egg. Now I am getting 1 brown and 1 reg size green egg and one smaller green egg in one sitting. My Rhode and cinnamons are to lay brown eggs and my egger is to have colorful eggs. This seems bizzare considering chickens usually lay 1 egg a day? I am a new chicken mama this is my first experience raising chickens so I was looking for some feedback and hopefully some sort of explanation! Thank you
For how many days have you been getting two green eggs? Pictures of your birds?

I have had a pullet lay 2 eggs back to back, but it does not happen that often.

This is my 4th day I have gotten 2 green eggs. And I am ashamed to say but I may be mixed up... it might be 2 Rhode islands and 1 cinnamon? But I definitely only have one Easter egger. The picture of them in their coop is obviously when they were a little younger. Thanks!
20210804_183419.jpg
20210902_192124.jpg
20210812_183644.jpg
20210611_184348.jpg
20210804_183406.jpg

This is my 4th day I have gotten 2 green eggs. And I am ashamed to say but I may be mixed up... it might be 2 Rhode islands and 1 cinnamon? But I definitely only have one Easter egger. The picture of them in their coop is obviously when they were a little younger. Thanks!View attachment 2840577View attachment 2840559View attachment 2840550View attachment 2840557View attachment 2840549
You got your breeds mixed up!
You have a welsummer, golden comet or possible EE (confusing I know!), and 2 olive eggers.

- Circled in blue are your two OEs. Most likely laying green.
- Circled in black is your welsummer, who will lay dark brown
- Circled in white is most likely a golden comet who lays brown OR a hatchery hybrid (also an EE)

OE: olive egger, basically an easter egger that lays green eggs
EE: Easter egger

So you have no Rhode Island Reds at all! You will have a nice colorful egg basket! ❤️

Attachments

• 9D9C0C81-52C5-4870-B067-0AB382292F1F.jpeg
    9D9C0C81-52C5-4870-B067-0AB382292F1F.jpeg
    608.6 KB · Views: 12
Well that explains it!!! I am happy I reached out haha! I kind of took them home on a whim!!! But I was going off of the breads I was told when I was purchasing them ans I didn't know any better but to believe what I was being told! Looks like I came to the right place to get this mix up sorted out haha!! Thank you!! I do not have to worry anymore:)

Wait a second. The blue ones circled you say should be laying green? I actually witnessed our frist egg being laid she was acting strange so I just watched her for a while and it came from the one you have cicled white, she laid a brown egg. And then our second started showing up and the egg we got was green so I assumed it was from the dark chicken I was told it was our easter egger ans later I saw it appear after she was in the coop alone. And one of circled blue she just started trying to lay but hadsnt laid a successful egg yet. She has laid 1 soft egg with one yolk 2 times and another time just a yolk, and the soft egg was brown. I know this because she went missing and I found her in the coop laying and when she came out that was what she left behind. So now I'm wondering again
20210910_192657.jpg

Last edited:
Wait a second. The blue ones circled you say should be laying green? I actually witnessed out frist egg being laid cause she was acting strange so I just watched her for a while and it came from one of the ones you have cicled blue, she laid a brown egg. And then our second started showing up and the egg we got was green so I assumed it was from the dark chicken I was told it was our easter egger. The other one circled blue she just started trying to lay but hadsnt laid a successful egg yet. She has laid 1 soft egg with one yolk 2 times and another time just a yolk, and the soft egg was brown. I know this because she went missing and I found her in the coop laying and when she came out that was what she left behind. So now I'm wondering againView attachment 2840652
OEs can have a 50% of laying green or brown. Correction, she is an EE then. So that makes sense. Who layed green?

Wait a second. The blue ones circled you say should be laying green? I actually witnessed our frist egg being laid she was acting strange so I just watched her for a while and it came from the one you have cicled white, she laid a brown egg. And then our second started showing up and the egg we got was green so I assumed it was from the dark chicken I was told it was our easter egger ans later I saw it appear after she was in the coop alone. And one of circled blue she just started trying to lay but hadsnt laid a successful egg yet. She has laid 1 soft egg with one yolk 2 times and another time just a yolk, and the soft egg was brown. I know this because she went missing and I found her in the coop laying and when she came out that was what she left behind. So now I'm wondering againView attachment 2840652
Also, do you always provide oyster shells on the SIDE? I would be worried about a soft egg breaking inside them. Although gitches are normal, they should go away over time.

Yes they have oyster shells. I was informed that this is not uncommon with new layers at the beginning of their laying. It has happened 2 times the end of the week before last and she hasn't laid one since

Back
Top Bottom