2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture

My big ducks checking out the fab 5
They were so afraid they all ran and hid under my legs
1f602.png

Hey Lucy, I was thinking about you today and got as far as the Duck section of the forum...got sidetracked, blah blah....SOOOOO glad to hear that you are in good spirits and feeling some better. Getting a port in is half the battle, knowing that they aren't going to have to stick you every time you cross the threshold. Also glad to hear that the ducklettes are doing well. I have to tell you that seeing these babies has me living vicariously through you. I had ducks back when I was about 8 years old. They were Pekins. Gus Gus and Chatter although I don't know if they were he's or she's. I remember my parents telling me that they were going to live on a farm with a pond. Suddenly they were gone from the back yard. I don't know what really happened to them. My parents could make animal like that 'go away' when they didn't want to be bothered with them any longer. My husband asked me if I really thought they went to a farm to live and I have to honestly say I'd like to think they did but my common sense tells me almost 56 years later that maybe they didn't. So watching the babies and seeing them change as they grow, celebrating the successes and grieving along with you when there has been a tragedy has been, yes, a real joy for me, and I thank you for sharing the saga with all of us.

Are these guys making me want ducks of my own again.....well yeah. Got things to do before I even consider that thought, namely, getting the lagoon behind our barn lined so it holds water so I can fence it in and then......yes, maybe, just maybe......

Back
Top Bottom