2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture

Hey all, I'm having a problem with my newest broody. Shes got eggs pipped and zipping but I noticed blood at the opening of the nest and looked, she's prolapsed. I wouldn't think egg bound since Shes broody and I'm not sure what to do. I can clean it up and put it back, but it definately gets worse when I try to check her out.

Pull her and get her into warm water to clean it all off, switch to cool to help reduce swelling... get it put back in her... do you have Preparation H? If you do, smear it all up when you put it in... if not, I have used raw honey and coconut oil with success...

I work at a vet, and I know when pigs, cats or snakes have a rectal prolapse, it usually will happen again. Does this hole true for a duck cloacal/oviduct too? I'm wondering if maybe she came out to drink, etc and my male tried to mate and got pulled away running from the dominant male?? I have the males in a separate run now to avoid stressing her. I think it went back in by itself. I cleaned the pools and when she came back out to drink I didn't see anything poking out. Ugh. I think its time to eat Chaz, he's such a ****:mad: I guess I'll see what it looks like tomorrow morning. If I see it out then I'll nab her and clean it up, pull the eggs/lings inside. And go from there. I hope the guinea stays on its eggs. I think it's got 6 in the same nest. Ooh, and I noticed with both my broody ducks, they started with 15 eggs, the other only had 11 hatch(no trace of the other eggs) and this one has 12... The other eggs vanished. Do they eat them??:hmm

I work at a vet, and I know when pigs, cats or snakes have a rectal prolapse, it usually will happen again. Does this hole true for a duck cloacal/oviduct too? I'm wondering if maybe she came out to drink, etc and my male tried to mate and got pulled away running from the dominant male?? I have the males in a separate run now to avoid stressing her. I think it went back in by itself. I cleaned the pools and when she came back out to drink I didn't see anything poking out. Ugh. I think its time to eat Chaz, he's such a ****:mad: I guess I'll see what it looks like tomorrow morning. If I see it out then I'll nab her and clean it up, pull the eggs/lings inside. And go from there. I hope the guinea stays on its eggs. I think it's got 6 in the same nest. Ooh, and I noticed with both my broody ducks, they started with 15 eggs, the other only had 11 hatch(no trace of the other eggs) and this one has 12... The other eggs vanished. Do they eat them??:hmm
sometimes it will fix itself, i would keep a close eye on her and yes, they will eat undeveloped eggs, and shells after they hatch

Ok, thanks. They were gone before the others started hatching. Either way, that what I was thinking. Everything looks ok today and all but 3 duck eggs have hatched, 2 look pretty fresh. I think the guinea was protecting the ducklings, they're a lot more stubborn than ducks :barnie if they both decide to mother the lings then I suppose the guinea eggs are coming inside... Bwuh. I need a break from the brooder lol. If I separate them, is there a decent chance the guinea will stay with her eggs? (i think they've only got a week to go)

Greetings from the ocean, there are no ducks here!! What's up with that!!!?

Attachments

• IMG_20170613_163229.jpg
    IMG_20170613_163229.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom