2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture

I have cervical cancer stage 1 and I'm not a quitter. My 2nd child was born at 21 weeks and weighed 1 pound and this was 21 years ago, they told me she was going to die and to plan a funeral. And if she lived she would be brain damaged, blind, deaf and never walk, I said to that Dr. maybe he was raised to speak negative things but I wasn't and she was going to be fine, I remember every night for 3 years I would work her legs in bycycle motions every night to build up muscle mass and at age 4 she walked. Not only that she has zero adverse effects from being born so early. She's 21 , she lives on her own, drives a car, she's perfect. I'm not giving up on me, my ducks just like I didn't on my daughter.

Wow,your a HERO.

Wow,your a HERO.

Oh no, no, no, I am not a hero, that is a very sweet thing to say but believe me I don't look at myself as a hero, maybe I am stubborn or strong willed. This journey has been HARD, I laid in bed for 3 weeks after the first tumor was found and gave up, I didn't want to fight it, I didn't want to live, I remember laying in bed willing my heart to stop beating and it just kept ticking. So I decided that I would do what was medically needed and nothing more. Then 1 day something inside me changed, I still don't know what but I woke up and looked in the mirror and said, " Wendy, your not a quitter, snap out of it and fight, for your kids and grandkids" so I did. There are days I spend just throwing up, crying like a baby, dragging around in pity, those are the days I don't share. I will probably never get used to being called a hero, which I have many times for some reason, I am GRATEFUL for your kind words, everyone's support and advice has helped me more than you know, EVERYONE in this thread stays a constant thought in my mind. Everytime something good happens I am excited to share my news, you all are my hero's. I don't deserve to be yours, you saved me.

Do I? Hmmmm...

Who is fighting through nasty treatments to care for ducklings? To assist them when needed? Asks for help when it's needed? Takes advice and applies it?

Who is doing all the work and losing sleep? Sticking with this through all the ups and downs? Staying strong even when she wants to just give up?

Might want to take a look in the mirror, my dear lady... because that's all you... and I am d*mn proud of you...
smile.png
X2

Lucy, I have just caught up reading this thread...a little every day over several days.
A kinship with you has formed while following the many posts you have shared.
Your courage and commitment fighting your cancer so reminds me of my mother's determination to undergo both radiation and chemo in her fight against her cancer.
The challenges of fatigue, weakness, loss of appetite, nausea and losing beautiful hair all bring tears of remembrance. Sadly my mother's cancer was not caught soon enough for her to win her battle...she was gone in 6 weeks, but she had made the choice to fight knowing the facts. We were able to support her on her journey.
I am thrilled to hear that your battle will be over soon and that your outcome is so positive.
It has been a joy following your first duck hatches as I was successful in my first hatching of my trio from purchased eggs just last September. The joys and frustrations of rearing these babies in the winter are shared.
Your desire to form a sanctuary for the wild ducks on your property mirror ours on our farm with the many Canadian geese, Mallards and other waterfowl that visit our many ponds.
Bless you and your family on this journey. May you continue to grow in strength, wisdom and confidence in your future.
A few photos...

I am very sorry to hear about your mother passing. I found out the other day that the lady who was always next to me during my infusions had passed away over the weekend, I was so sad for her and the family she always talked about, but also kind of glad her fight was over, she was very very sick. It's such a conflicting thing to go through. I don't plan on being that girl my friends say passed...Nope, I have to beat this and I will :) I love the pictures , that is my favorite part of this entire thing is having the wild ducks come in year round. I have had the pleasure of meeting some pintails, teals, black ducks and wood ducks. They are so beautiful, my favorite it the pintail. I hope to be able to share the pictures with all of you this summer as I'm sure they will return :)
Maybe one day I can incubate some pintails, boy wouldn't that be fun??!!
In the meantime stay tuned, there's more to come for us all, our ducks, and friendship!

@NanaKat so great to meet you :hugs :hugs

Lucy you know we love a lot more than your looks ;)

Keep healing

:hugs

Yes ma'am I know
2764.png

It's my witty personality and charm that has everyone hooked!
I will say that discovering hair extensions until the time comes to wear a wig, or feathered head dress, was an amazing discovery!! My husband will brush it off my shoulders and say, "Move whoever's hair this is out of the way " it cracks me up...
1f602.png
1f602.png

Back
Top Bottom