2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture

Sunset in the South
Another beautiful shot I captured today

This little one greeted us this morning.

So far 2 more have joined it. 7 more have pipped. I moved the three newcomers to their brooder and am hearing fresh cheeps from the incubator.

They are a day early but not surprised as they are OEGB. WHAT FUN INCUBATING IS!

I
This little one greeted us this morning. So far 2 more have joined it. 7 more have pipped. I moved the three newcomers to their brooder and am hearing fresh cheeps from the incubator. They are a day early but not surprised as they are OEGB. WHAT FUN INCUBATING IS!
l am going to Chaim in then you probably won't see me for a while but l will be hear What a beautiful, and cute little girl/ boy you have there mine started hatching today too they are two days early. I love to read this thread l just don't post on it that much

This little one greeted us this morning.

So far 2 more have joined it. 7 more have pipped. I moved the three newcomers to their brooder and am hearing fresh cheeps from the incubator.

They are a day early but not surprised as they are OEGB. WHAT FUN INCUBATING IS!
@microchick I have OEGB too what color will this one be? Such a cutie and doesn't even come close to showing how tiny they are when hatched. lol

Last edited:
@microchick I have OEGB too what color will this one be? Such a cutie and doesn't even come close to showing how tiny they are when hatched. lol
I'm hoping it will be a black or mostly black.

I get my hatching eggs from an Amish neighbor who has OEGBs free ranging on his farm. His original flock master is a solid black but they have cross bred colors a lot. I did get one little pullet that almost looks like a Birchen but since I'm doing this for my own enjoyment and for my own back yard flock, I'm not really concerning myself with breeding for color purity.

Right now I'm waiting for my last three eggs to hatch. Two are zipping and the last is pipped and starting back to work after a rest. I know they aren't ducklings but they sure are fun to watch hatch! As for Ducklings......someday, hopefully soon, LOL.

I'm hoping it will be a black or mostly black.

I get my hatching eggs from an Amish neighbor who has OEGBs free ranging on his farm. His original flock master is a solid black but they have cross bred colors a lot. I did get one little pullet that almost looks like a Birchen but since I'm doing this for my own enjoyment and for my own back yard flock, I'm not really concerning myself with breeding for color purity.

Right now I'm waiting for my last three eggs to hatch. Two are zipping and the last is pipped and starting back to work after a rest. I know they aren't ducklings but they sure are fun to watch hatch! As for Ducklings......someday, hopefully soon, LOL.
I just have 2 Roos that are the right colors [silver duckwing]the rest of mine are just back yard too but they are just the cutest things. Looking forward to my girls going broody so we can have more right now I just have 7 and 4 are roos. My one lil Hen went broody at 4 months old I was so surprised. Out of 11 eggs she hatched 6. Great mama too. Congrats on yours look forward to seeing them all. Mine actually started from eggs I got from WVduckchick last spring.

Hi I said you Probably would not see me here for a little while but here I am. When you first started this thread Lucy it was manly about the twins now it has gone all different ways, all of them fun. Well anyways I think I am getting twins this would be the Second time. I saw what kinda looked like two embryos in an egg but was not completely sold now there are two pips

Back
Top Bottom