2 embryo in 1 egg? Please look at picture

Well Lucy you have another namesake duckling. Yesterday morning my DH went out and found 4 of our 5 ducklings drowned in the pool
1f62d.png
One was still hanging on but barely we got her warmed back up and once she was back up to temperature and eating/drinking she went back out with mom and is doing good! So her name is Lucy cuz she put up quite a fight and pulled through!!!!

Meet Lucy!

So sorry for your loss. "Lucy" is adorable and well named.

Do you know what killed her siblings?

Thanks for posting all the pictures everyone. I've been going through a rough patch with my flock and they have really been uplifting for my spirits.

Thanks for posting all the pictures everyone. I've been going through a rough patch with my flock and they have really been uplifting for my spirits.
Thank you! Unfortunately we think that they got in the pool and fell asleep and it was pretty cold out and they either couldn't get back out or just got waterlogged/hypothermic and drowned
hit.gif
So glad my DH found them (not me) but we were both heartbroken. Lucy was freezing cold and stiff when he found her but she seems to have made a pretty good recovery.

Thank you! Unfortunately we think that they got in the pool and fell asleep and it was pretty cold out and they either couldn't get back out or just got waterlogged/hypothermic and drowned
hit.gif
So glad my DH found them (not me) but we were both heartbroken. Lucy was freezing cold and stiff when he found her but she seems to have made a pretty good recovery.

ducklings dont produce the oils to make them waterproof, the mother duck does this for them, so when you brood them you have to be careful of their down getting saturated and them getting weighed down and drowing

very sorry to hear of your loss @EmilyP
hugs.gif

ducklings dont produce the oils to make them waterproof, the mother duck does this for them, so when you brood them you have to be careful of their down getting saturated and them getting weighed down and drowing

very sorry to hear of your loss @EmilyP
hugs.gif
they were raised by their momma and had decent waterproofing for short periods of time but once they were in there a while it was useless, we aren't really sure why they decided to get in the pool as they always had slept with their momma in the house

they were raised by their momma and had decent waterproofing for short periods of time but once they were in there a while it was useless, we aren't really sure why they decided to get in the pool as they always had slept with their momma in the house
ooohh, i thought you hatched them, so strange, was there a cinder block or something for them to climb out on?

Back
Top Bottom