2 Girls Were Missing from the Coop Last Night

t&a

Hatching
9 Years
Jul 25, 2010
Our girls gave us a pretty big scare last night. My husband and I were out for the day and we had let them free-range in the yard. In all other instances before, the girls stay in a pack, wander about in the shrubbary, and then go back into the coop for bed. Really these girls are perfectly behaved animals. So anyways, we come home last night and there are two chickens missing from the coop. We started running about madly with flashlights in the yard looking for them but they were nowhere to be found. To heighten our suspicion, there was a large white cat that we had never seen before sitting in our yard near the coop. We feared the worst, until on a whim I went into the garage. THERE WERE OUR TWO MISSING CHICKENS, PERCHED ON TOP MY HUSBANDS WEED WACKER. Moral: keep the garage door closed. Silly chickens.

Could be it was the visiting cat that prevented those two Girls from going back to the coop last night, and they were smart enough to find refuge in the garage! I'm glad you found them, safe and sound.

hi
yes, i had a similar situation a few weeks ago..we had one little girl out all night.....we added fencing to the coop.and i guess she could not find her way home...and yes she did show up early the next day...when i left the dogs out, she came running out of the woods towards me i was sooo relieved...... we also find cats in the yard and the birds are so far taking care of themselves..they let us know when something is wrong w/them..
glad yours worked out also.. have fun
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom