2 Hoop coop cattle panel questions

Attachments

• 27882909-64C5-4B07-9CC5-DEA20ED23C4B.jpeg
    27882909-64C5-4B07-9CC5-DEA20ED23C4B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
IMG_20220324_172504815_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220324_164913655_HDR.jpg

Enclosed garden now complete (half done in the picture).

Still need to finish 2 corner buildings (we already have turkey poults to inhabit one) to finish the hoops. The gate is our main garden entrance.

Until I finish those two buildings we have some tempory fencing up to keep out everything. I will be very happy when the whole thing is done.

Exterior of hoop has 4 ft hardware cloth at bottom, one foot of that is skirted. The inside has basic chicken wire.

Garden style is something my wife read about. It's some hybrid of hugalkulture (spelling likely wrong) and something else, the branches break down over time to provide fertilizer to the garden)

View attachment 3082594

View attachment 3082595

Enclosed garden now complete (half done in the picture).

Still need to finish 2 corner buildings (we already have turkey poults to inhabit one) to finish the hoops. The gate is our main garden entrance.

Until I finish those two buildings we have some tempory fencing up to keep out everything. I will be very happy when the whole thing is done.

Exterior of hoop has 4 ft hardware cloth at bottom, one foot of that is skirted. The inside has basic chicken wire.

Garden style is something my wife read about. It's some hybrid of hugalkulture (spelling likely wrong) and something else, the branches break down over time to provide fertilizer to the garden)
This looks great! This was one of my favorite projects to follow. I'm glad to see it turn out so well.

This looks great! This was one of my favorite projects to follow. I'm glad to see it turn out so well.

Still not done but I've conquered all the hard parts. Still 2 more coops (well, likely a coop and a rabbit run) and a bit more hoop but that's just repetition.

For any future builder... The stakes I posted earlier seem to be sufficient so far. I would likely do more for any area that is going to be tarped due to wind tunnel potential, but that isn't an issue with just the hoops. These hoops are long, and I was concerned about that causing issues... But it doesn't.

I did overlap, though I like the idea of the clamps someone recently posted. The overlaping was a bit annoying(perfection is impossible due to natural slopes in ground, etc). though we hoped it might provide some added stability.

Also, the biggest thing is consider your entrances and exits. Plan ahead to make sure you can get into every run and coop in a way that makes sense. And then watch as you forget and need to retrofit a solution.

Back
Top Bottom