2 month old chicks missing feather under ears???

Fancy_Feathers

Chirping
Apr 13, 2021
Colorado US
Hello! Our chicks have officially moved into their coop a week ago and they LOVE it! Every day I check on them to make sure none are injured or anything, and today I noticed 3 of my chicks are missing feathers under their ears in just a small patch on both ears. This happened to both of our bantam cochin chicks and our Orpington. All of our chicks are very active, eating and drinking, and pooping normally.

Should I be worried about this?? Thanks in advance!

Hello! Our chicks have officially moved into their coop a week ago and they LOVE it! Every day I check on them to make sure none are injured or anything, and today I noticed 3 of my chicks are missing feathers under their ears in just a small patch on both ears. This happened to both of our bantam cochin chicks and our Orpington. All of our chicks are very active, eating and drinking, and pooping normally.

Should I be worried about this?? Thanks in advance!
Chickens normally don't have feathers around their ears, so it sounds normal to me.

Could you post a picture just in case?

Chickens normally don't have feathers around their ears, so it sounds normal to me.

Could you post a picture just in case?
Thanks for the reply! Here is some pictures of our black cochin's ears (sorry their not the best pictures):

chicken missing featheres under ear (2).jpg
chicken missing feather under ear (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom