2 months old quails won't lay eggs

Soaker

In the Brooder
Dec 23, 2020
I have 3 female quails only 1 lay an egg each day, I'm sure of it as I saw the egg come out of her. (The 1 that lays, laid her 1st on her 9th week bday.) The other 2 just won't lay. I have enough calcium and light, if 1 quail is laying it doesnt make sense if the other 2 aren't. Any ideas why?

It can take females up to 12 weeks to mature and start to lay eggs so they may just be a little slower to mature than your layer.
I agree that quails won’t lay with stress, a change in environment, low calcium, low daylight hours and if they haven’t started it can take some a while like JaeG said. :) Hopefully some eggs soon! Update us on when they lay! :)

I agree that quails won’t lay with stress, a change in environment, low calcium, low daylight hours and if they haven’t started it can take some a while like JaeG said. :) Hopefully some eggs soon! Update us on when they lay! :)
Here's an update, I think one of them started laying on the day (or the very next day, I dont really remember) i posted this

Back
Top Bottom