2 New Members

Pippin&Lili

Chirping
12 Years
Jun 11, 2009
My name is Pippin, I'm almost 6 (my mom is typing for me), I got two chicks for my birthday and my chicks might be sick. One has a runny nose. The other gapes and winks one eye a lot. Can anyone give advice?
sad.png
cool.png

Hey! My name is Lili, I'm ten years old and Pippin is my sister. I got a little tiny chick about one.5 inches tall, she is soooo cute. Is there any way to tell if she's a Bantam? And is it possible for little chicks to be treated with the same sort of medicine (Ivermectine?) for worms as the big hens?
tongue.png
lol.png

Thanks!
Pip & Lil

Not sure how to answer your questions, my guess is the little one is a bantam, since I am almost as new to chickens as you guys are. Hope you get some good answers ( it might help others to answer your question if you explain what type of conditions your chicks are being kept in ie: Heat lamp or no, brooder type, bedding type, feed, how old they are, etc ) and
welcome-byc.gif
You will love it here! We also love pics and it can help properly identify any issue you seem to be having with your new babies - I Love baby banty pics!

One way for us to help you better would be for you to post pictures of your chicks.

That would really help us to help you.

Congratulations on your new chicks. WE are so glad you are here on BYC.

welcome-byc.gif
just a thought it sounds like your chicks might be having respiratory problems If they are on cedar shavings you need to get rid of those they are toxic. Alot of feed and pet store will sell it as bedding but it is not good for them. I always start with paper towels as bedding.
good luck with your chicks

Pippin&Lili :

My name is Pippin, I'm almost 6 (my mom is typing for me), I got two chicks for my birthday and my chicks might be sick. One has a runny nose. The other gapes and winks one eye a lot. Can anyone give advice?
sad.png
cool.png

Hey! My name is Lili, I'm ten years old and Pippin is my sister. I got a little tiny chick about one.5 inches tall, she is soooo cute. Is there any way to tell if she's a Bantam? And is it possible for little chicks to be treated with the same sort of medicine (Ivermectine?) for worms as the big hens?
tongue.png
lol.png

Thanks!
Pip & Lil

My bantam chicks were really small like the one you described. As far as you other questions you should put a new post on the Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures area. There are expert that monitor new question and will be able to help you at.
Welcome to BYC​

Back
Top Bottom