2 Week Chick Pictures

jdoane

Songster
6 Years
Aug 7, 2013
Western Massachusetts
Someone else on BYC started a thread of 8 Week chicks. (Sorry - Can't remember the name). I thought it was a brilliant idea. As a newbie myself I am always wondering what my chicks will look like in the coming weeks. And I had a hard time finding pictures in a central location. So thought I would start several threads bringing us up to 8 weeks.

Please add your own pics of your chicks at these ages. And please put in breed so all us newbies can get an idea of what our babies will look like

Here are mine at 2 weeks

Blue/Black English Orpington

Splash English Orpington

Black Australorp

Barred Rock

Gold Sex Link Pullet

Here are my two week olds! unbelievable how fast they grow and change!
Speckled Sussex

Barred Rock

Buff Orphington

Barred Rock

Buff Orphington

Golden Laced Wyandotte

Love them. Interesting to see how different your two barred rocks look and to see the coloring of the Golden Laced Wyandotte. It will be fun to see them as they grow. We just got a Silver Laced Wyandotte that is 6 months old but I didn't have the benefit of seeing her as a chick. I'll watch your Golden Laced to get an idea of what mine may have looked like as a chick.

I actually just posted the pictures of the barred rocks to another member who seems to know about them ..I am wondering if one is a rooster...or they just have different coloring..prob too soon to tell right ? I swear they change so much every day!

I wondered the same thing. The first one looks different than my Barred Rock at the same age. But probably too early to tell. Seems like I was always second guessing who was a roo. Didn't become more confident until they were about 6 weeks. And they are 9 weeks old now and I still have moments of "Oh No!"
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom