2 Week Old Chick Dying

Grim21

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 8, 2013
I have several layers but this is my first time raising chicks. I have a 2 week old chick that has been hunkered down for the past 2 days but still moved around with the other 18 chicks that are with it to water and feed. Got really lethargic today and not doing well now. When she breaths it looks like her cheeks (the skin between her beak and eye, I don't know what else to call it) puffs up like you would puff your cheeks up. She is panting. She doesn't want to walk any where and if the other chicks run over her she doesn't care. She spreads her wings as if she is off balance and doesn't want to use her feet to make her self sturdy. When I picked her up she struggled a little and let out some chirping. I checked her feet nothing wrong. There is nothing swollen on her, crop looks good, no poo on her butt. She has started to get her wing and tail feathers like everyone else in the flock but she is half their size (she is not skinny or light feeling). I call her my runt. I don't know what to do. I thought she would have passed by now (been this way since 3:00 this afternoon) but she is fighting and I can't stand to see her suffer. I want to help but I have no clue what I'm fighting here.

Any help will be welcomed. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom