2 week old chick has bald spots - living alone

BlueCanary

Hatching
Jun 21, 2021
Hi!
I have one baby chick, which was from one of my hens and I have her at home. She got a small injury three days ago and I treated with a dab of betadine and a tiny bit of fucidin. She kept pecking at it though, so I put some organic blue food coloring and she pecked it maybe twice a day after that. She's healthy, drinking and eating normally, making content chirping sounds l, her poop's all good etc.
BUT, since yesterday I noticed that she has been getting some bald spots around the base of her wings and on her neck. Her skin is a healthy pink. But they keep getting bigger, nothing too dramatic though. Is it normal? Could it be a reaction to any of the stuff I gave her?
Thanks in advance!

Hi!
I have one baby chick, which was from one of my hens and I have her at home. She got a small injury three days ago and I treated with a dab of betadine and a tiny bit of fucidin. She kept pecking at it though, so I put some organic blue food coloring and she pecked it maybe twice a day after that. She's healthy, drinking and eating normally, making content chirping sounds l, her poop's all good etc.
BUT, since yesterday I noticed that she has been getting some bald spots around the base of her wings and on her neck. Her skin is a healthy pink. But they keep getting bigger, nothing too dramatic though. Is it normal? Could it be a reaction to any of the stuff I gave her?
Thanks in advance!
Welcome to BYC.
Please post pictures of her.
She may be loosing her fluff and starting to grow her feathers.

IMG_20210622_114721.jpg

How is she looking today?
It's really hard to see as the pictures aren't focused clearly but it looks like her feathers are coming in and the keratin sheathing hasn't come off yet.
She has lost some more under her wings and on her head. Sorry about the photos, but I just can't get her to keep still. What is the keratin sheathing? First time I've ever heard of it.

Back
Top Bottom