2 wk old chick failure to thrive? Please help

Good to hear! Do you have her with the other chicks or by herself? If with the others, & they start to get too much bigger than her, you'll have to watch that they don't start picking on her. I put up a barricade with an opening that only she could fit through & kept food/water there. She could get out among other chicks to play, but when she was hungry, she knew where to go

Good to hear! Do you have her with the other chicks or by herself? If with the others, & they start to get too much bigger than her, you'll have to watch that they don't start picking on her. I put up a barricade with an opening that only she could fit through & kept food/water there. She could get out among other chicks to play, but when she was hungry, she knew where to go
She seems to be fine with the others and they seem to be fine with her, luckily! The one time I checked on them, she was nuzzled under one of the other chicks wing😂

Of course that might change when they get older, and the pecking order is getting figured out but so far no pecking at her

I have a 2 week old buff orpington (give or take a couple days) that is noticeably smaller than the rest. She has her wing feathers and is starting to grow her tail feathers, but he wing feathers kind of stick out to the side a little more then the rest of the chicks. She eats and drinks fine but she tends to try to huddle with the other chicks, tends to be alone, and she’s not as active as the others.

Could this be failure to thrive? Is there anything i can do for her? She’s vaccinated too.
I’m curious if she made it

I’m curious if she made it
She’s about 12-13 weeks old and doing just fine. She’s still a bit smaller but that’s okay with me.
IMG_4192.jpeg

Even if i picked them up from my local farm? Is there anything i could do to help her?
Mine seemed a bit off and the rooster was almost not developing feathers, so I crushed egg shell and they gobbled it up immediately. So I gave abalone shell and in 24 hours the rooster is getting wing feathers. The feed claims it has all the nutrition they need but obviously not!

I have a 2 week old buff orpington (give or take a couple days) that is noticeably smaller than the rest. She has her wing feathers and is starting to grow her tail feathers, but he wing feathers kind of stick out to the side a little more then the rest of the chicks. She eats and drinks fine but she tends to try to huddle with the other chicks, tends to be alone, and she’s not as active as the others.

Could this be failure to thrive? Is there anything i can do for her? She’s vaccinated too.
I have a chick that I had to help out of the egg. It’s a runt and it’s wing feathers are just starting to come in and they stick out too! Im curious about how your chick is doing and how the feathers look now?

I have a chick that I had to help out of the egg. It’s a runt and it’s wing feathers are just starting to come in and they stick out too! Im curious about how your chick is doing and how the feathers look now?
She’s the second biggest girl in my flock!! And her feathers are soft and fine!

Attachments

• IMG_7907.jpeg
    IMG_7907.jpeg
    819.5 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom