2 wk old chick failure to thrive? Please help

Yes, that should be fine.
So i gave it to her through a syringe and while i’m holding her trying to give to her, she’s falling asleep in my hand. I kept having to try to lightly blow on her to wake her up…..
D1D6B007-DEC3-4C24-A46C-05CC926AAAD4.jpeg

Looks like you’ve received a lot of good advice. I would just add that you could also give her some egg yolk. I usually just crumble one from a boiled egg - but be warned, if you give it to everyone in the brooder it will be a feeding frenzy. So probably best to pull her out and give her first run at it. I figure that has all the stuff a chick needs before hatch, so likely similar to their needs as babies.

I think so people feed it raw, which may be better, but kinda messy. But maybe a better bet if she isn’t eating on her own.

It sounds like you are doing all you can. Even if she doesn't make it, I am so glad that she has you there. If she ended up at a retail store or the like she probably wouldn't have anyone with her.
That’s why i’m kind of trying to hold on and see what happens. I’m an animal lover so of course i’m going to want the best and i also don’t want to see her suffer

Yeah, I totally understand. I haven't been able to bring myself to cull a chick, usually because I still have hope till the last moments. It is hard to say if they are in pain or not, because they are just struggling to get their body to work right and it is not working. Maybe that does feel like suffering, but if a chicken has an incurable disease, that is much easier to cull there since you know they would rather have relief.

Back
Top Bottom