2008 Resolutions.....

I hope I can pull this one off..... I want to be able to let my mind think before my mouth speaks......... as I have gotten older I find that I'm quick to tell people how I feel reguardless of the outcome... I want to be able to let things slide off of me like water on a ducks back... I will let y'all know the outcome. Wish me luck. Laura

Rosalind--I am sure there must be a really good story to go with your comment,

Good story? I dunno if I'd call it good.

6 mo. old Pyrenees puppy decided he wanted to RUN while I was walking him on his leash. Thinking, "It's only a quick 20-minute walk," I had sensibly donned garden clogs for the excursion. So you understand right away, I am not the clearest thinker in the whole world.
tongue.png
Since our backyard at the time was covered in snow, ice, and more snow, I fell and my foot twisted under me. Snap crackle pop, DH had to come home from work to drive me to the ER so I could have my foot X-rayed and set in plaster--screaming all the way. Tomorrow I get to see the orthopedic surgeon
roll.png

Using my awesome thinking powers yet again last night, I took half a Vicodin, propped the cast up in front of the TV, and asked DH to put just a tiny drop of top-shelf whiskey in my mug of tea. You know, to celebrate the New Year. He, being the less-insane one, says, "Are you sure?" Three sips later, he was throwing his back out attempting to drag my snoring, unconscious butt upstairs. I think the dog gave me my kiss at midnight...​

yep, I knew there was good story there, lol!!! Sorry your foot didn't keep up with your puppy but at least you will know that when he is full grown so you won't break a entire leg!!!! Hope you feel better--and no more zombie drinks for you!!!

1. Not to start any new hobbies/projects . I can't keep up with the ones I have.
2. Try to have more regular contact with old friends.
3. Spend less money (already broke that one!)

I would like to have ONE meal, for myself and my family that all the food, ingredients were grown or caught myself. (except the salt and pepper)
big_smile.png

Quote:
This was the top of my list. Have made it through this much of the day with only 3 (THREE!!!) so far!!! That's really good for me. Goal is no more than three per day for a month, then reduce from there. I HAVE A SERIOUS ADDICTION HERE - my headache is from lack of caffeine today (don't do alcohol).

Quote:
This was the top of my list. Have made it through this much of the day with only 3 (THREE!!!) so far!!! That's really good for me. Goal is no more than three per day for a month, then reduce from there. I HAVE A SERIOUS ADDICTION HERE - my headache is from lack of caffeine today (don't do alcohol).

Once you get the caffeine out of your system, you'll be fine. Don't give up. Usually once people stop drinking soda they'll lose a bit of weight because you won't have all that sugar and carbs.

I hate making resolutions which I will not keep. Finally solved that by making the same one each year and have been quite successful at acheiving it. Same goes for this year:

Have more fun this year than last year!
lol.png

Wish me luck!
Liz

My doctor made one for me. Lose weight,

So here are mine: Lose weight, get back into church, get my depression under control, not to let people get to me, Be kind to all people regardless of who they are and what they have done , feel better physcially, start more crafts.

jackie

Back
Top Bottom