2009 Black Bear Hunt

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Birch Run Farm, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Northern Quebec - Spring Bear

The outfitter has a large territory 6 hours north of Montreal with very little local pressure outside of his area. French and English speaking, rifle, bow, muzzleloader and cross bow permitted. This is a baited hunt, heavily forested northern tier with fishing available. Last season I personally saw three bears well over 300 pounds with awesome pumpkin heads. We saw several bears while driving the roads. They are very abundant here. All bears seen and killed had beautiful thick coats, no ticks. Season runs from mid May through June. Arrive on a Sunday afternoon, hunt begins Monday, ends Friday, depart Saturday or earlier if you so desire.

Hunt 2009: $1000 US inculdes lodging, guide, baited active stand, Sunday arrival with outfitter provided supper/ meet and greet. Lodging is apartment style private units and you provide your own food. Each unit contains bedroom with linens, bath with shower/flush toilet, kitchen with cooking utensils. Grocery available in town 15 minutes away or some small restaurants available there. Golf course and airport in town. Bear license: $130US depending on currency exchange.

Fishing: boat and motor included, gasoline and license cost additional. Fishing license approximately $30US. Species available: Northern Pike, Walleye, Sturgeon in the Bell River and other local tributaries.

All firearms pay Canadian permit fee. No handguns allowed. Paved route all the way to camp. Easy commute from the midwest and east coast.

Feel free to PM or email me for more information. This is a really nice affordable hunt. Youth are welcome with parent.

My 2007 bear

[​IMG]

I missed this time around <sob> but this big guy is still out there (look at his pelt WOW!)

[​IMG]

Road side bruin:

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by