**2009 Quilt Block Swap for May**

zookeeper, yep you can still use those colors
smile.png
looking forward to receiving your blocks!
wee.gif

Quote:
I'm glad you liked it! I was pretty nervous since it was my first time in the swap (and it turns out I totally didn't read your preferances for earth tones and chix, but I got lucky and made just that
wink.png
)
~kat

I have 3 babies total now!
IMG_4162.jpg

smile.png

Anyway, back to quilting. I am hoping to get my blocks done tonight. I am also done with my second pillow for my friend.

Piecemaker, do you care if both your blocks are the same pattern? I kind of wanted to practice the Amish Diamond for the fall colors swap and it would lend itself well to my farm animals fabric that I plan on using for you.

I really want to try paper piecing... the more I read you all talking about it, the more I want to try it! I don't know why I keep putting it off!

!!!!!O.K. I need everyone's attention please!!!!!

I have received several complaints about swappers receiving blocks that are not up to par to be used in a quilt accordingly.

What I need everyone to do is to make sure that the fabric that you use is 100% COTTON, nothing but. Anything other than cotton cannot be used in a quilt that someone may use to pass down to someone or give as a gift.

Also.....This is the most important part.....PLEASE, and I cannot stress this enough, PLEASE, if you are a smoker PLEASE make sure that your block does not smell of smoke before you send it out. I, myself, used to smoke but I no longer do, and I cannot stand the smell of it and it literally makes me sick to my stomach, so PLEASE keep this in mind.

I do understand that this is a swap to help others learn more about quilting blocks, (and there is not one of us here that claims to be a pro) and to be able to move on to more complicated blocks in the future. I would love it to stay this way, but if I receive any more complaints about the blocks received not being useful, I will pull you from the swap. So please do your best. Thank you.
smile.png

Also, if you have any questions about what has been said here, please do not hesitate to contact me by PM or E-mail, if you need to talk by phone I would be more than happy to give you my #.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Beth I will be your practice dummy for your fall swap block. Just kidding yes it is ok if they are the same pattern. I have done a few paper piecing blockes. I would like to do more when I have the time
hope you are feeling better
piecemaker

Quote:
Yes I agree and feel that these rules are fair as well. The smoking smell is, well, disgusting to me too, sorry if anyone is offended but if you dont smoke and open a package from someone that does, believe me the smell is pungent and will roll your stomach if you aren't a smoker.

Also, being a brand new quilter/seamstress myself I can relate to any anxiety folks must be feeling about Acre talking about poor workmanship but even as a newbie I think forward not backward progression is what everyone expects and shoddy, thrown together work in cheap non-cotton fabrics is just plain unfair. Please support this swap and the other related swaps in the highest professional manner so that they might continue and folks like me might learn to get better and better with this skill by gleaning tips and techniques from those I absolutely do consider to be "pros"!! Thank you Acre for saying what could not have been easy or pleasant for you to say, you are doing a great job............................................................................................................................................................................and did I forget to say...............................HAPPY BIRTHDAY ACRE!!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
Hope your day is incredible and you get treated like a princess today!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom