2009 Texas Chickenstock, 5/23/09 - See My Page for add'l details

We had a great time last year and would like to come this year too. Have you started the list of what to bring yet?

No, I haven't started any lists yet.

We still have quite a bit of time. As soon as the coop tour is over, I can start concentrating on CS.

However, if anyone knows what they want to bring already, I will keep track of it.

You can also start discussing any swaps, trading, buying or selling of birds or eggs at CS anytime. Just keep it in this thread so that everyone will have a central place to look.

Edited....I'm withdrawing my offer of BR Roosters...it looks like they've already found new homes
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I should be able to go! I'm only about 15 minutes away. I'm looking for some silkie and barred rock (std or bantam) hens. I can bring a few white silkie eggs if anyone is interested. Not sure if they're fertile. I'm still trying to get the bullseye thing down, but I always forget until after I start scrambling. Please just give me heads up if you're interested so I can put some aside.

Hopefully I will be off from work and do not have any other plans. I saw the pics from last year and it looked like so much fun! I am crossing my fingers that I can make it this year!!!!

Darn!! That's, like, three weeks before I move to San Antonio, and while I'm still trying to sell this house (so I can't have chickens here).
Bummer!
Oh well....next year the timing should work out better!!!
husband *had* to get a new job right during chick season!!
roll.png

Oh well...at least houses are easier to sell this time of year.

I'm sure I will... I'm coming from Dallas. I'm hating the process of trying to sell a house and then but a house/find a house to rent that meets our budget and needs. What makes it worse is my husband was given the offer a week a go and has to start in five weeks. So, I'll be trying to keep my 2 under 2 daughters and a 'show' home for several weeks by myself. Blech!
There seem to be lots more people keeping the kinds of critters I do down there, though, and the city rules for chickens seem much more chicken friendly than my town!!
But, I don't want to hijack the thread, so I digress!!....

Back
Top Bottom