2010 Texas Chickenstock - May 29,2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh... this sounds fun! Are you thinking this month? Or May? It's gonna heat up soon soon soon!
smile.png

In the past we had the Saturday before Memorial Day. People could come, and it still gave them two other days off.

That is not set in stone, so any other suggestions are welcome...

Sat before memorial day sounds great! I think your place sounds wonderful! I would love to see it and San Marcos is such a nice, pretty place.

Do you think we might have Pigette eggs or other Brahma cross eggs by then?
Cindy

Do you think we might have Pigette eggs or other Brahma cross eggs by then?
Cindy

Cindy,
I will try. It is hard to tell who lays the brown or pink eggs in the pen so I may end up with some Buff Orp/Ameraucana crosses. I set some under a broody, then had to move her. She abandoned the eggs, but if she stays where she is I will give her more eggs.

Come on Texans ! Who is coming to Chickenstock ???​

I would LOVE to come. I heard about Chickenstock TX from my best friend just a couple of months ago. I know she would love to come too. What all goes on at chickenstock? It sounds so fun!

I think a lot of folks don't even know this thread is going because they don't check. How can we make this thread more available to the general BYC population?

Chickenstock is a social get together of poutlry enthusiasts to talk chicken, mingle, trade stories, swap birds or whatever you want to do. We usually have a pot luck...

In my situation it is hard to talk about my birds with people who don't "understand" my addiction. Have you ever gotten "the look" when you mention you raise chickens ?

People at Chickenstocks all share a common bond. But, you don't have to have chickens to come.

BYC is pretty specific about where you post messages. Chickenstock Texas belongs in the Chickenstock section.

For more interest and to get the word out, put information and a link in your sig line as I did.

I know that look! I worry sometimes that my hubby is planning a chicken intervention...
smile.png

I will update my sig line after our 4H Chicken Show this weekend... maybe some of you can attend this show as well (shameless plug for my kiddos show!)... it's gonna be fun fun fun!

Quote:

Any rules on bringing chickens to swap? I am in the Hill Country, so San Marcos is about 2 hours from me. Not far at all! I would love to find homes for a bunch of my chickens. I can't build pens fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom