2011 Bay Area Regional Chickenstock- November 5th, 2011!

Quote:
Same here! Birthday weekend, I mean. I have to convince my husband that it's normal (for me) to go to a Chickenstock on my birthday.
lau.gif

And... for anyone who likes King Feeds (www.king-brand.com) & lives or shops in Sonoma County...(more on Vacaville below)
Hal from King Feed; actually L.A.Hearne Feed Co, in King City next to Salinas, that makes King Feeds (for poultry, rattites, goats, sheep, horses etc.), called me & said he's close to getting Western Farm Center ( http://www.westernfarmcenter.com/ ) in Santa Rosa to carry King Feeds
ya.gif
I've been driving to San Jose & Brentwood to get it (even once in Norco, when visiting my mom), ever since I discovered it at the Stockton, I mean PPBA, show. They donate all the feed used at the show, and many of the breeders use it. I like it for their mini pellets, that all sizes of bird can eat without wasting. He said it would help if two or three people call Western Farm (707-545-0721) & ask for Lou (one of the partners) and tell him how much of each type we will buy. I'll buy 10 sacks Pro Am Layer Pellets, 2 Show & Grow Pellets, 1 Start & Grow, & 1 goat pellets. Lou specifically told him he needs to know there really are customers here. I have talked to their buyer 'til I was blue in the face, & Lou, who makes those decisions, wasn't informed.

Ok, for Vacaville; apparently there is a store there called Western Ranch supply... (not related to Western Farm in Santa Rosa), who stocks King Feeds, but doesn't advertise them, & wants customers to come in and ask for it (he keeps it in the back). If you're ever there try it out!

Back to the ChickenStock... Hal said he will donate something, and hopefully stop by & answer questions & give us samples.

See you all soon!

eta: King has recently formulated an organic line and a soy free line.

Where in San Jose do you get it?

Quote:
Carpooling is a great idea!

There's a link to a Google spreadsheet in the first post of this thread, where folks have signed up and it states who all can carpool.

Folks, I'm putting together a tentative agenda for the Chickenstock party right now, I'll try to have a rough draft posted this evening. I need some help though...

I'm looking for chicken themed games (ex. egg spoon race) to add to the afternoon's festivities. Any ideas?

Also, the last time I checked there were only 25 (ish) people signed up for the party on the Google spreadsheet...
sad.png
So I feel it's time to start spreading the word about our little get together. Our picnic site can hold 130 folks, so start telling your friends!
big_smile.png

Tentative Agenda for the 2011 Bay Area Regional Chickenstock*
yippiechickie.gif

(10:00am setup)

11:00am Arrival, Sign in, Drop Off Donations

Noon-1:30pm Lunch
Planned Activity during lunch

1:45pm Appreciations for donations, planning, food, and others.

2:00pm Raffle (led by Cheryl and Carlos)

3:00pm Games!

4:00pm Group Photo with BYC Banner

4:30pm Goodbyes and Clean up

Out by 5:00pm

*This is a rough sketch of the planned agenda, times may vary, and nothing is set in stone. Please give me any input you may have by Sunday 10/16.​

Im not sure if this is where I would pose this question or not but here goes...

Im wondering if anyone knows of a dating site where people of like interests can post?

For instance, Im really into my chickens and anyone who feels similarly knows that chickens take a lot of time and attention, Well the only others who could possibly understand and appreciate this situation would be those with chickens or animals, other than cats and dogs (the standard pets).
Anyway, if you know of such a dating site or similar or you think that we might be able to use BYC as a starting point for such, I sure would like to hear from you and would appreciate any input to my idea, negative or positive.
Im open to all ideas and suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom