2011 Chick order.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bledsoe95, Jan 30, 2011.

1. bledsoe95

bledsoe95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2011
    Oakwood, Virginia
    Im thinking on ordering glw,slw, & the columbian wynadottes is this good does any1 have any opinions? I plan on getting 6 of each 5 hens & 1 rooster.

2. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Are you getting them for breeding? If so I would order at least 2 roosters in case one doesn't make it or is poor quality

3. Pyncheon guy

Pyncheon guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2010
    NW Michigan
    It depends what you want to do with them.... and where you got them from. If you want some good brown egg layers that are pretty colors and patterns....they are a great choice.... If you want to show them...hatchery stock rarely produces large fowl that are show winners...I would get them from a breeder that just raises..Wyandottes and has won with their birds...if you want to show them. I love the Columbiam wyandottes..... good choices![​IMG]

4. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    If you cross a GLW rooster with SLW or CW hens you'll get red sexlinks... Just a thought! [​IMG]

5. bledsoe95

bledsoe95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2011
    Oakwood, Virginia
    I just want them for eggs and just to have!

6. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Agreed, always buy more than what you want to end up with at the end. That helps cover you incase a few dont make it and it helps you pic the best quality ones and sell the extras.

7. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    Sounds wonderful! [​IMG] I'm not sure, though, if you'll need all three roosters for fifteen hens for just flock purposes. [​IMG] But I've only ever had one, so I really don't know. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by