2012 GCSPF Greater California Show, Feb 18, Fresno CA-info/buy/sell/wanted

Hes a nice looking bird, but probably not what i'm looking for. I'm guessing he has some wheaten, thats where the leakage come from. From what I remember if he was cross with bbs the leakage would continue but if he was crossed back with wheaten you get 1/2 wheaten 1/2 black with leakage....someone tell me i'm wrong, I think I read this once a while back. I'm looking forward to this show but too bad i can't stay the whole time...poo poo for work.

OK someone wanted to see a pic of Blue. He keeps taking off when I try to get close with my phone. BTW he's big, but doesn't look it at this angle.

Hes a nice looking bird, but probably not what i'm looking for. I'm guessing he has some wheaten, thats where the leakage come from. From what I remember if he was cross with bbs the leakage would continue but if he was crossed back with wheaten you get 1/2 wheaten 1/2 black with leakage....someone tell me i'm wrong, I think I read this once a while back. I'm looking forward to this show but too bad i can't stay the whole time...poo poo for work.

Interesting. I didn't know that. Might need wheatons now. OMG! Stop me!

Just now thought to ask. Would crossed to wheaten give me blue wheaten?

Just now thought to ask. Would crossed to wheaten give me blue wheaten?

nope, all different genes. think of your wheaten genes like bbs, if you crossed 2 blue wheaten you'd get 25% wheaten, 50% blue wheaten and 25% splash wheaten. genetics are fun!

Oh and I hope I make it to the show tomorrow, the car is getting worked on in the morning and I have to be at work by 230...hope I bump into some of you!

Last edited:
Oh, I had such a good time here! I enjoyed hanging out with Karen and Olivia, and it was very nice to meet MrsMoonCat. I do not know how I kept missing mycutekitties though, but I did admire her birds. Congratulations on the wins!

It was very educational. I learn more each time I go to one of these, and entering a bird was interesting. She won Best of Variety, but I'm quite sure that was because she was the only one of her variety. :)

I almost made it out of the building with no more birds than I brought in, but I failed at the last minute and bought that cute, cute little pair of Partridge Bantam Wyandottes. I've never had bantams before and I just want to squeeze them. They are not so thrilled with that, but they did present me with an egg on the way home.
v

Super fun day at the show! Our vendor booth did well, got to see lots of friends and meet more. Came home with 8 -1st, 5 -2nd, 2- 3rd, 3 Reserve variety, 4 Best Variety, 1 Best in Breed, 1 Reserve in breed, AND 1 Champion Light Duck/Reserve Champion Duck (other than bantam)!!!!!

Last edited:
Oh, I had such a good time here! I enjoyed hanging out with Karen and Olivia, and it was very nice to meet MrsMoonCat. I do not know how I kept missing mycutekitties though, but I did admire her birds. Congratulations on the wins!
It was very educational. I learn more each time I go to one of these, and entering a bird was interesting. She won Best of Variety, but I'm quite sure that was because she was the only one of her variety.
smile.png

I almost made it out of the building with no more birds than I brought in, but I failed at the last minute and bought that cute, cute little pair of Partridge Bantam Wyandottes. I've never had bantams before and I just want to squeeze them. They are not so thrilled with that, but they did present me with an egg on the way home.
v

Congrats and glad you had a good time. You sound like me in Stockton. I had what I went for and then just had to have the Phoenix trio.

clap.gif

Super fun day at the show! Our vendor booth did well, got to see lots of friends and meet more. Came home with 8 -1st, 5 -2nd, 2- 3rd, 3 Reserve variety, 4 Best Variety, 1 Best in Breed, 1 Reserve in breed, AND 1 Champion Light Duck/Reserve Champion Duck (other than bantam)!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom