2012 Spring Seed Swap

I needed a good laugh!
big_smile.png

Any of you guys raise house plants from seed or be willing to do a side swap for plant cuttings for seeds? If so, please PM me! I have a thing for house plants as well.

I posted this a few months ago on TEG site thought it was fitting.

"Be careful mam, your plants are showing"

I have a garden experiment going on right now, before it got really cold I took a tomato and a pepper plant out of the garden and potted each and put them in an east facing window, which also faces the street, I have a couple of flourescent grow lights on them. I'm trying to see if I can get peppers and tomatoes to harvest through the winter. Well the other night I forgot to turn the lights out just past dusk, so the plants and lights were clearly visible from the street. This slightly intoxicated individual happened to be driving by, when he came to a sudden stop in front of the house and just stared for a few moments then he came rushing up to the house to tell us to be "careful" b/c our "plants" could clearly be seen from the road!!!! lol lol lol

Last edited:
Hmm I think I need a cala lily root exchange for day lilies (not yellow though) or Iris roots...I split them and they LOVED it. Too bad they are all just the basic purple ones

@itsy - I have a few houseplants that i could get cuttings from. I know I have Jade plants and what we call airplane plants. I might be able to come up with a few others.

@Carols Clucks - I have some orange lillies that grow like crazy in the ditches along the sides of country roads around here. We just know them as ditch lilies, but I have plenty. I dug them up about 8 years ago and planted them in the ditch in front of my house. They have filled in the ditch and are spreading. The multiply quick. Let me know if you want any.

I posted previously but I will say it again. If you are sending in certain things for someone or are requesting certain things, please include a note or write on the packages or something. There is no way I will be able to keep up with all of the special requests if it isn't done this way.
bow.gif

Go ahead and put me in the swap. I loved it last year!!

I may be able to scrounge up some cool and strange varieties of different things.

For example: Sakurajima Radishes which grow to up to 100lbs! Most likely average around 20lbs, but if you let them go they can get huge!

Marsh Mallow plants! No they don't grown Marshmallws!

Going to add a request for a few Silvery Fir Tree tomato seeds, if anyone happens to have this variety.
fl.gif

BlackBrookPoultry,

Will send you some dill seed. I have the Mammoth for sure and should have Bouquet (short variety) too, just haven't come across hose seeds yet and I know I them!
barnie.gif

Bock - maybe we could work something out for houseplant cuttings??? :) That would be great! I have my seeds sitting next to me here... I keep forgetting to bring them with me to the post office. Sheesh.

Here's my special request.... If anyone has any seeds for one of these, please let me know!

Moneytree4.jpeg

Go ahead and put me in the swap. I loved it last year!!

I may be able to scrounge up some cool and strange varieties of different things.

For example: Sakurajima Radishes which grow to up to 100lbs! Most likely average around 20lbs, but if you let them go they can get huge!

Marsh Mallow plants! No they don't grown Marshmallws!

WOW! Never heard of a radish that got that big! Don't even like the things but would love to grow them just to see how big they got. DH loves them, can you imagine the look on his face when I pulled that thing out of the garden and told him it was all for him to eat?! lol

Back
Top Bottom