Ended 2013 Easter Hatch-a-long Contest #6 "Broodies and Their Babies!!!"

Thank you so mush for having this contest! I am so excited to be getting chicks from Greenfire too.
celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif

Hello Everyone! I just got the chicks in the mail! Greenfire sent 15 chicks, but one didn't make it.
hit.gif
I am so excited to watch them grow. I haven't figured out or found out what breeds I have yet, but here are their photos:

Last edited:
The chicks in the 1st basket look to be Legbars. The ones with the dots on their heads are boys. You might want to contact Jenny at GFF and see if she can send you a list of what they sent you.

The chicks in the 1st basket look to be Legbars. The ones with the dots on their heads are boys. You might want to contact Jenny at GFF and see if she can send you a list of what they sent you.

Yes, I email but haven't heard back yet. I am guessing that I have Breda, Birchen Marans, and Legbars, but the light ones have me stumped. I am hoping for Orps. But the leg feathers and straight combs are throwing me for a loop. Thanks for your help.

She is a beautiful Momma. This is also our first time hatching eggs. Our one Cochin went broody so we
gave her two speckled sussex eggs to sit on she's got another week to go till we see. I was thinking of moving
her and the eggs out of the area of the other 7 hens. What do you think?

She is a beautiful Momma.  This is also our first time hatching eggs.  Our one Cochin went broody so we
gave her two speckled sussex eggs to sit on she's got another week to go till we see.  I was thinking of moving
her and the eggs out of the area of the other 7 hens.  What do you think?

I am far from an expert on the matter, but I did move my broody when she was sitting. It took her a while to adjust. I also read that some people wait for the chicks to hatch and them move them.

Last edited:
Our chicks hatched a few days ago, and I would have had some awesome pictures to put in this contest, so Nifty-Chicken...

YOU HAD BETTER HAVE ANOTHER CONTEST SOON!
smack.gif

(JK, but, hey, maybe I'm serious...)

Back
Top Bottom