2016 Gosling Hatch-a-long

Serv, It's a sad story.  I have only gotten one egg from my whites so far as I have a skunk beating me to the nest every day.  We finally set up the trap tonight to try to catch the nasty bugger.  I was planning to set eggs tomorrow night, but so far I only have the one white egg and 3 buff dewlap eggs set aside. Already planning to push back setting eggs to Friday, but looks like I will be doing a 2nd setting after I trap the skunk and can gather a at least a half dozen white eggs.

Hope you catch the skunk! It's the worst feeling for something like this to happen.
Goodluck

Day 9 for my eggs. I'm down to 7. Two weren't fertile, then one quit. The 7 left have really nice spiders in them. Hopefully they make it through and I have a bunch of little goslings with Afros.

Finding out later today how many of my 9 are good.
I'm going to miss little afro goslings I always knew who the parents were :,)

I know it's not a chicken thread but I thought I have to take a picture of my chicken when she was on the road!
1f602.png

Finding out later today how many of my 9 are good.
I'm going to miss little afro goslings I always knew who the parents were :,)

I know who the parents are with mine. Not hard when one female has been getting Shunned, so none from her, it was her eggs that weren't fertile. I should have known since she's been off by herself for awhile. The other two girls have broke off into 2 separate pairs with their own ganders. Stormy is with the White Chinese and Ethel has taken the TuftedxChinese gander. So there will be 3/4 Chinese 1/4 tuft and 3/4 tuft 1/4 Chinese. Should be very interesting at hatch time.

I know who the parents are with mine. Not hard when one female has been getting Shunned, so none from her, it was her eggs that weren't fertile. I should have known since she's been off by herself for awhile. The other two girls have broke off into 2 separate pairs with their own ganders. Stormy is with the White Chinese and Ethel has taken the TuftedxChinese gander. So there will be 3/4 Chinese 1/4 tuft and 3/4 tuft 1/4 Chinese. Should be very interesting at hatch time.

Indeed it will be interesting.
I think that Stormys kids are going to be all white giving a guess and will look more like white Chinese geese ;)

Back
Top Bottom