2016 Gosling Hatch-a-long

The Goslings.....

The only mixed breed who i'm pretty sure is female.

Yes well all the females anyway.
I will keep the Buff males too and will pick the largest brown males.
I will start selling goslings next year using my current flock and goslings
wink.png

How are your goslings?

Awesome to hear you will keep most of the goslings. Your flock is gorgeous. Love the pictures, especially the ones of the buff pair with goslings.

My buff dewlap and white african pair are great. We have been raising them in a pen in the main room (with an outdoor pen for day-time turnout in nice weather) so they get tons of attention and are heavily imprinted to humans. They are the pride and joy of the farm. The four older surprise goslings are also doing well. They are getting huge and ready to be listed for sale. Other than that, we took a break from hatching, but have a few broodies with staggered hatch dates starting next week. I probably will only get a couple of pied africans, but there is a chance of another white and at least one dewlap. I could get lucky (again).

Has anyone messaged Miss Lydia? It looks like she is still posting on the duck forum, so maybe she got tired of hanging out with us goose people?
sad.png

HI All -

I have 15 Cotton Patch eggs in a 1588 Hovabator. I am 2 weeks in with them. 13 are developing nicely.

And I am picking up 6 Sebastopol goslings next weekend.

Never had geese before but looking forward to getting to know them.

Melanie

Discovered a red fox den two fields from mine and the babies are quite big.
The foxes haven't even tired to get any of my animals and I didn't see a fox for months and they live so close.
Strange ;)

Yikes Serv! That's scary. Better get the traps out before they decide to become interested in your birds.

Had another fun surprise hatch yesterday. I have a chicken/duck combo that are sharing a nest of mostly duck eggs and one random chicken egg. Lo and behold the one chicken egg hatched. Both mommas are sharing the caring of the chick while they continue to sit on the duck eggs, which are not due for another 10 days.

In the meantime, I have my last dewlap egg in the bator on day 27 and looks to be working on internal pipping. I also have a dewlap sitting on another 4-5 eggs on day 27 so I hope to have more baby pics in a few days.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom