2017 Meyer Mealmaker Thread-What'd you get?

Magnolia7330

Songster
Aug 13, 2016
Northern California
I thought it would be fun to have a thread on the Meyer Mealmakers from Meyer Hatchery. I'm curious to see what they turn out to be and the range of breeeds. I just received my first small flock of chicks today. This is the one I got today. I think she may be a White Rock, but we'll see. Her name is Stella.
LL

Last edited:
I thought it would be fun to have a thread on the Meyer Mealmakers from Meyer Hatchery. I'm curious to see what they turn out to be and the range of breeeds. I just received my first small flock of chicks today. This is the one I got today. I think she may be a White Rock, but we'll see. Her name is Stella.
Maybe----all my white rocks look a lot different than this. But mine did not come from a hatchery. Just a local hatcher that hatches 100's per week.

Last edited:
Maybe----all my white rocks look a lot different than this. But mine did not come from a hatchery. Just a local hatcher that hatches 100's per week.
I could very well be wrong. She is all yellow and has light legs. When I looked at pictures of the leghorns and buff orpingtons it seemed their legs were orange and hers are more of a light pink.

I got a Rhode Island Red. I was actually really happy to get one because I was planning on getting one, but I ended up not being able to get a RIR because I had to make room for other breeds I was getting. I am also happy I got a useful breed that lays well and not a useless one.

Back
Top Bottom