Yes, it means exactly that! :lol:

The white duck is definitely not a call duck, call ducks have shorter heads and bills. She is not a Pekin, because of her size and Pekins have orange bills, legs and feet. Leaves a White Layer or a white duck of any other medium-size breed. I have heart of white "Silver" Appleyards. Very unlikely it could be an Aylesbury Duck, they are a rare old english breed and i haven't found them here in the U.S.
And yes, i have four White Layers, but at an age of just one month they're still yellow.
White layer seems most realistic! Thanks for the input, it was very helpful! :) My friend has 2 Pekins and the first day we got our ducks together I knew right away she wasn’t a Pekin.

Think Chuck and Buck qualify as house ducks? :)

Attachments

• IMG_3823.JPG
    IMG_3823.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 23
View attachment 1686398 View attachment 1686401 View attachment 1686399 View attachment 1686400 View attachment 1686402 Hello fellow house duck keepers, so glad to hear I’m not the only one out there! I have a single(for now) female duck named Fo that was raised up the same way as you would a dog. She loves digging through dirty laundry piles, sleeping on the couch, hanging out in the kitchen at my feet while I cook meals, sleeping on one foot, and taking warm baths in the bathtub! Whenever my husband is playing video games she loves to play with the controller. Her favorite thing to do is forage outside for bugs:p She’s always following us around the house and “helping” with the chores. She’s a very happy and very spoiled little duckie!:):clap If anyone has any ideas as to what breed she might be I would love the input! We thought she was a Pekin but she’s too small to be one and she has brown spots on her beak.

Welcome to the thread, we're glad you joined! I agree with @Miss Lydia, I think it's a white layer!!! My duck Gil also loves to play with the controller. Especially if it means making her dad lose the game so he has to pay some attention to her!! LOL! She stands on the top of the sofa and reaches down to mess with the controller and freaks out if he doesn't let her stand up on the sofa!!! They're so funny!

Question for my fellow house duck peeps!

I want to make sort of a nest for Penny because she’ll start laying soon but I don’t wanna use all the messy beddings like shavings and straw because that’ll be a pain to clean up.

Looking for alternatives that are easier to contain! She currently has towels but I have to put at least two in for her to sort of be able to wiggle a nest hole in the middle so I’d like something a little more “fluffy” if you will.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom