Buff Laced Polish (2 Females)

IDEAL Hatchery
Grey Silkie (4 St. Run)
Partridge Silkie (4 St. Run)
Self Blue Cochin Bantam (6 St. Run)
Buff Sebright (6 St. Run)
Blue Quail Belgian d'Anvers (4 St. Run)
White Cornish Bantam (3 St. Run)
Blue Laced Red Cornish Bantam (3 St. Run)
Buff Minorca (5 St. Run)
Red Shoulder Yokohama (5 St. Run)
Black Crested White Polish (5 St. Run)
thats some cool breeds!

I love little hottie pads for these chicks. Easier than holding one against your stomach until it warms up and fast too. Just rub them, let them sit for a minute and then plop baby by it and cover partially with a wash cloth. Used to do it with a broody's chicks all the time and now it might help a golden.

It's moving now, but sluggish like when they first hatch, all wobbly and unbalanced. Would probably help if it opened it's eyes, but it might still be too weak for that. It's in the kitchen now while I wait for a class to possibly start.

With my luck the ones that didn't make it were all the girls :he

Attachments

• 20210305_101656.jpg
    20210305_101656.jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 9
Gah, these heat plates aren't keeping them warm enough. They're still smothering eachoter trying to stay warm. Guessing that means that I'm stuck with a heat lamp now again after spending so much on these things :he :he :he :he :he :barnie

I've noticed they seem to need extra heat right after they come out of the shipping box. And of course they are cold, thirsty, and hungry all at once, and a heat lamp lets them drink & eat while warming up.

After you get them all warmed up (heat lamps), you might be able to remove the heat lamps again tomorrow or the next day.

I've noticed they seem to need extra heat right after they come out of the shipping box. And of course they are cold, thirsty, and hungry all at once, and a heat lamp lets them drink & eat while warming up.

After you get them all warmed up (heat lamps), you might be able to remove the heat lamps again tomorrow or the next day.
That's the hope, but now I can't close the brooder boxes at all. I separated them into even smaller groups now and one group is doing far better. I have 3 more that aren't doing too hot, but they're with the heat lamp so I'm hoping I don't lose anymore. I've lost almost 1/3 now and have 4 golds left, 2 if the 3 week ones don't make it.

Everything on the heater website made it sound like it would be more than enough, even for new arrivals so I guess I'm just frustrated with it. They were almost 70 a piece and so far not doing what they were advertised for

Back
Top Bottom