Ended 2024 BYC Calendar Photo Contest—We Need Your Pictures!

Hm like this one

View attachment 3653019This is a chick Aurora, who is an EE that is in my profile picture. In this picture she is hanging out with my squash seedlings. This is all the way back in springtime.
Here she is now.
View attachment 3653023
She has grown up into such a gorgeous pullet. At one point I was afraid she was a cockerel but she had the name Aurora from the start.
What a gorgeous chicken!

IMG_0196.JPG

I took this pic for the next contest!

Hm like this one

View attachment 3653019This is a chick Aurora, who is an EE that is in my profile picture. In this picture she is hanging out with my squash seedlings. This is all the way back in springtime.
Here she is now.
View attachment 3653023
She has grown up into such a gorgeous pullet. At one point I was afraid she was a cockerel but she had the name Aurora from the start.
She’s beautiful! I love the pattern she had as a chick!

Aw, they are so cute! :love

Here is one of my chick pictures.
IMG_5039.jpeg

I highly suggest taking photos now!! I’m already getting some fall photos for next year’s calendar contest :thumbsup

This way you get more of a selection to go through and not just one season photos to enter as well! Also great because you can get some good tips by going through and seeing what style of photos got nominated/won in previous years and any helpful comments people have had for taking photos! Plus you can enter earlier in the contest running period so you can get some helpful tips incase the photos don’t fit the qualifications :highfive:

I just wanted to also throw out some good photo opportunities to get; dust bathing pics, free ranging pictures, themed sets with the chick(en) (Easter/Thanksgiving/Halloween/Fall/Christmas/etc.), individually photograph them or even a group of them, etc. the possibilities are endless! Making sure you have chicken only photos that way we could stick with the same rules as this one that’s just ended!

Since we are sharing chick photos I just have to show you these cuties I picked up with their mama a few weeks ago :love

IMG_2273.jpeg

IMG_2247.jpeg
IMG_2258.jpeg

These would probably be some good examples for the broody hen and chick contest they also had running this summer! Lol I just love taking photos of chickens and when I get new chooks I can’t help but get snap happy :clap

I’ve also been checking here nonstop waiting most definitely patiently for an update :fl

Hm like this one

Here she is now.
View attachment 3653023
What a beautiful EE! What colour are her legs and bottoms of her feet? She almost looks identical to what I’d expect a pure Ameraucana to be! Plus her beard and muffs are the most luscious I’ve ever seen :love
View attachment 3653024
I took this pic for the next contest!
These are great photos!! I can’t wait to see you enter them for next year’s calendar contest!!
She’s beautiful! I love the pattern she had as a chick!

Aw, they are so cute! :love

Here is one of my chick pictures.
Your chick photo is so cute!! Makes me want to definitely have some hatch out this spring/summer :clap

How did you get them to stand so nicely for the photo lol mine are so stubborn !

Back
Top Bottom