Ended 2024 BYC Calendar Photo Contest—We Need Your Pictures!

Casportpony said I could post it and the judges would decide if it was aloud since the chickens are the main focus.
I would suggest that you be sure to enter a picture with only chickens too so you have a better chance. 🤐

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know that all entries are entered into a spreadsheet as they are submitted and that you can check this spreadsheet to see if your entry qualifies.

Entries will be disqualified if:
  • They are in the wrong format (portrait or square).
    2020-07-28 13_24_02-book-sizes.png
  • They are too small to judge. The picture that you upload must be at LEAST 3,000 pixels wide & 2,000 pixels. If you aren't sure of your picture's size, use this: Pictorum Image Analyzer or upload it to BYC's Gallery.
  • If they are screenshots.
  • If they have text, watermarks, datestamps, etc., on them.
  • If the photo has people in them.
In the comments section of the sheet, the reason for disqualification is listed.

If your entry has been disqualified, you may enter a replacement, just make a new post, and we will make a note in the spreadsheet.

Hope this helps!
Mine qualifies, but it says almost square in the notes, should I repost it in landscape to replace the original photo? I could’ve sworn I cropped it to landscape the first time :oops:

I do plan to enter more, but that’s the best photo I have at the moment 😅

Casportpony said I could post it and the judges would decide if it was aloud since the chickens are the main focus.
FWIW, Kiki's a judge. You can absolutely trust her call on this. Rule 1 very clearly states "Photos of chickens only, this is a chicken calendar. ;)"

I see 2 (well, 1.5) "not chickens" in this image. As a judge myself, I would disqualify it for a rule 1 violation.

The BYC calendar is the absolute pinnacle of our image contests, and represents the community for an entire year in print. Judges are going to be super stingy and won't hesitate to eliminate shots for the smallest of picky details as a result. Bring your "A" games, because this is major community bragging rights. But you MUST follow the rules to be considered.

I like the shot, it's cute. But it's not going to make the cut.

Thanks for understanding.

Mine qualifies, but it says almost square in the notes, should I repost it in landscape to replace the original photo? I could’ve sworn I cropped it to landscape the first time :oops:

I do plan to enter more, but that’s the best photo I have at the moment 😅
If it's qualified, you're good. It will be judged.

FWIW, Kiki's a judge. You can absolutely trust her call on this. Rule 1 very clearly states "Photos of chickens only, this is a chicken calendar. ;)"

I see 2 (well, 1.5) "not chickens" in this image. As a judge myself, I would disqualify it for a rule 1 violation.

The BYC calendar is the absolute pinnacle of our image contests, and represents the community for an entire year in print. Judges are going to be super stingy and won't hesitate to eliminate shots for the smallest of picky details as a result. Bring your "A" games, because this is major community bragging rights. But you MUST follow the rules to be considered.

I like the shot, it's cute. But it's not going to make the cut.

Thanks for understanding.
Who else are judges? :pop

Back
Top Bottom