Ended 2024 BYC Calendar Photo Contest—We Need Your Pictures!

Pics
20230425_194015.jpg

Alright. Here's my first entry.
View attachment 3481779
Trying to get all five birds to stand on the fence and face the camera all at the same time was almost impossible. Then you add the sheep that would not get out of the way or pose correctly...
Well this is the best I got.
I see people are having hissy fits about the sheep in the background, I suppose you could crop them out so you’d get less people harassing you about them, but I’m not sure that would keep the picture as qualified. People are dramatic 🙄

FWIW, Kiki's a judge. You can absolutely trust her call on this. Rule 1 very clearly states "Photos of chickens only, this is a chicken calendar. ;)"

I see 2 (well, 1.5) "not chickens" in this image. As a judge myself, I would disqualify it for a rule 1 violation.

The BYC calendar is the absolute pinnacle of our image contests, and represents the community for an entire year in print. Judges are going to be super stingy and won't hesitate to eliminate shots for the smallest of picky details as a result. Bring your "A" games, because this is major community bragging rights. But you MUST follow the rules to be considered.

I like the shot, it's cute. But it's not going to make the cut.

Thanks for understanding.
Alright I will take a better one. Thanks for being honest. I didn't know she is a judge.

Last edited:
I see people are having hissy fits about the sheep in the background, I suppose you could crop them out so you’d get less people harassing you about them, but I’m not sure that would keep the picture as qualified. People are dramatic 🙄
That's alright. It does have sheep where it shouldn't and nobody has been rude about it just pointing out the problems.

Back
Top Bottom