Open Contest 2025 BYC Calendar Photo Contest—We Need Your Pictures!

Pics
I read all of those. I'm still practicing and it ends in August, so I have some time. :) Thank you. I also may have to read them again...
Some things I've learned about photographing chickens;
Get your chickens used to seeing your phone or camera.
Watch out for distracting backgrounds.
Relax and take lots of pictures.
Have fun and GOOD LUCK!.🐔 🐓 🐣 🐥

This is why I do not enter. I think “awww” but then it’s a bad photo compared to you pros ❤️
IMG_3529.jpeg
IMG_3525.jpeg

This is why I do not enter. I think “awww” but then it’s a bad photo compared to you pros ❤️
View attachment 3831149View attachment 3831151
Just a couple things I noticed...your focus is great, especially in the first photo. The backgrounds are pretty distracting, though. My favorite thing to do when trying to take nice photos of my girls is to take them out of their coop for a bit and put them on some grass, provided they're easy to catch. This makes it much easier to choose the background, and also to get on the level of the chicken, which is another big thing.

Like with most things, you get better by practicing and taking hundreds of photos, and I do mean hundreds! It takes a lot of pictures to get one or two good ones. Most of the people entering the amazing photos in this contest have been photographing their birds for a while.

Good luck with your photography, and I hope maybe I helped a little bit!

Back
Top Bottom